AW1600 VS MNKE . . . . . . thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
so, I'm about to drop a few bucks on some AW1600s. The reason being that we're going on a little camping trip, and the wife says, "got enough batteries?, Maybe you should get some more?" . . . . . :?: . . .. Now if that isn't a direct call to vape-purchasing action . .. I don't know what is!!!

I've been VERY happy with my MNKEs and have been wanting to compare to the AW1600s (which chart incredibly well).

My question is, has anyone already used both and can you offer anecdotal comparison? I'm torn between being experimental and trying the AWs, or sticking with the tried and true.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
What did you guys use before the MNKEs? I've been wanting to get some for a while but wasn't too sure about the lower capacity? Do you guys fi d they really do have that much of a shorter life? I don't vape mid sub ohm often but figured a couple of the MNKEs would be great for that.

I only use AW 1600s from my flashlight days. The hybrid 2000s didn't exist back then. I bought one 2000 a couple of months ago & I still prefer the 1600s. Glad I only bought one 2000.

Who makes the MNKE?

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
OOOOOOH! do tell! Or did I miss something?

So much for you relying on my big science (i.e. awaiting my results)

Trading the EA for this...

The guy I'm trading with is a totally cool cat. We ended up chatting about vape stuff for like 2 hours after he texted me those pics. He has (among others) a Wizard, a Wizard's Apprentice and 3 Chalices.. I was unable to talk him out of one of the Chalices.. lol

Last edited:

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
Good enough for me! I'm going to order a pair of MNKEs after this post.

I don't have any hard numbers or fancy inline meters like Tom but between the 1600s & 2000s the 2000 does seem to last a bit longer depending on the resistance of the atty. But that's doesn't mean anything to me. The 1600s are said to have lower voltage drop at higher currents. And under load I can feel that in the vape. The 1600s seem to hit harder longer than the 2000. With the 2000 it seems like I have to charge them when they get down to 3.9ish. Even my older tired 1600s seem to perform better than the 2000. But it could just be in my head.

You have much more experience than I do so I'll wait for your thoughts. But I'll post my thoughts too if I have any. Or maybe I should pop them in one of my flashlights, I'd be better of telling the difference that way. ;)

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
My fancy meter is my mouth. It is able to detect whether a hit of vapor is awesome or not.

I can say this.. the MNKE's enable my REO to make awesome vapor until they are drained then, like pdib said some time ago, they just stop. I don't get as much run time out of them as I do with my AWIMR2ooo's but the run quality is much better. Perceptably better... but then again I am working with some fine tuned very low tolerance measuring equipment.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Good enough for me! I'm going to order a pair of MNKEs after this post.

I don't have any hard numbers or fancy inline meters like Tom but between the 1600s & 2000s the 2000 does seem to last a bit longer depending on the resistance of the atty. But that's doesn't mean anything to me. The 1600s are said to have lower voltage drop at higher currents. And under load I can feel that in the vape. The 1600s seem to hit harder longer than the 2000. With the 2000 it seems like I have to charge them when they get down to 3.9ish. Even my older tired 1600s seem to perform better than the 2000. But it could just be in my head.

You have much more experience than I do so I'll wait for your thoughts. But I'll post my thoughts too if I have any. Or maybe I should pop them in one of my flashlights, I'd be better of telling the difference that way. ;)

yeah, what Stats said. I guess I didn't state it explicitly in this thread. The MNKEs hit hard the whole time your vaping with them. Then, suddenly, they're done. Basically, I don't experience "mech. sag". I love those batteries.

They don't chart very well, at all, tho. The AW 1600s chart like the MNKEs perform. So, I've been curious. So, I'm finally getting around to buying a set and doing my own comparison.

Last edited:

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Don't forget the new Samsung INR 18650 20R - I use this site to compare batteries: Battery test-review 18650 comparator Select the AW IMR 18650 1600 and the Samsung and see for yourself - look at 5 and 7 amps charts...

Unfortunately the MNKEs are not on that site.

I know of a few batteries I'd like to try, Chris, and the Samsungs are one of them. But this comparison is first on my list. Also, I've seen video of what a hard shorted IMR battery does. And, although I've never heard anything bad about INRs or NCRs; I don't know what the risk is. So, I'll just plod along at my slow pace. I'd be in more of a hurry to try new chemistry if my MNKEs didn't last a full work day with plenty of punch.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
i rate the orbtronic 2900 mAh ones too which are essentially Panasonics - one of those will last all day easily in my grand, whereas an EFest 2000 is shot after about 3 hours. The AWs are good and i'd like to try the MNKEs next time i buy more batteries.

I'm not helped by using RM2s with duals wrapped at close to 1 Ohm - it's a very hard life for a battery around me.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread