Bad vaping side effect: I gained 16 lbs this year as if I really quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogzpy

Jan 30, 2010
Canada
I gained 16 lbs (7 kg) this year since I started vaping.. as if I really quit smoking (when in fact I just switched from analog to vaping)

Is this normal?? Am I the only one to gain so much weight after switching? :confused:

I was around 178 lbs (81 kg) when I started and I'm quite built, but now I'm 194 lbs (88 kg) ... I'm 5'8" (174 cm). Now I have some belly too ... (I was and am still buff, but now my belly is a bit chubby).

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've gained about 5 lbs over 2 months. I finally got off my ...., put down my ecig (okay, I put it in my pocket) and started walking. No more weight gain. Sucks to put on poundage. My folks quit using patches. Mom gained 40lbs and Dad 63lbs. 5lbs is a heck better than that. I think that is partially why I was scared to even try to quit. I didn't want to gain that much. I just decided to get up and move some instead of sitting, eating, and chain vaping.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
From the polls I've seen, no weight change is the most common result. Weight loss and weight gain are less common, but happen equally.

As suggested above, look at what you may be drinking since you went to vaping. You're probably drinking more, but is it water, or sugary stuff?

As for myself... no change. I don't have a scale, but I'm kinda short and scrawny, so if I lose or gain more than a couple pounds, I can tell.

Shan B

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2010
Latrobe, PA
www.Vapecore.com
From the polls I've seen, no weight change is the most common result. Weight loss and weight gain are less common, but happen equally.

As suggested above, look at what you may be drinking since you went to vaping. You're probably drinking more, but is it water, or sugary stuff?

As for myself... no change. I don't have a scale, but I'm kinda short and scrawny, so if I lose or gain more than a couple pounds, I can tell.

For me I've lost 7lbs in 1 month. WHY? Because I drink more water rather than my norm of approx (ouch!) 10 cans of soda a day. I now drink about 2 cans and replace it with PLENTY of water. I also exercise more now because my lungs don't restrict me from getting off my ascii more.

Sooooo agree with people who say LESS SUGAR and MORE WATER. It def has helped me start the weight shed. I'm short, muscular, with a lil chub and on my way to my goal of shedding from 154lbs to my pre-baby fat stage of 125lbs. I miss my short athletic build, but the only way to that is WATER and EXERCISE.

I don't own a scale, mmm because... but when I'm a "good girl" my mom allows me to come visit and use hers. LOL

*edit* i've lost enough in the past month i've had to punch 2 new holes in my belt to hold my sag up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread