Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
It depends on what resistance you are going to build to. If it's below 0.4 ohms Sansung 25R (20 amp CDR) or Sony VTC4/5 (20/30 amp CDR), or if you are planning super low perhaps the HE HB6 (true 30 amp CDR 1500 mAh). The Orbtronic SX30 and LG HB2/4 are good too.

Check out this list provided by Mooch who extensively tests batteries for the ECF community, god bless his little cotton socks.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/

Reactions: B2L and Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    It depends on what resistance you are going to build to. If it's below 0.4 ohms Sansung 25R (20 amp CDR) or Sony VTC4/5 (20/30 amp CDR), or if you are planning super low perhaps the HE HB6 (true 30 amp CDR 1500 mAh). The Orbtronic SX30 and LG HB2/4 are good too.

Check out this list provided by Mooch who extensively tests batteries for the ECF community, god bless his little cotton socks.
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/

With dinosaurs on them!

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2015
    NJ
    @sonicbomb pretty much nailed it. Samsung 25R's (blue R2's or green R5's), Orbtronics 30A or Sony VTC4's from a reputable source, or the new chocolate LG HG2's that are coming out as of late. They're rated at 20A CTD, 35A pulse & best of yet for 20A batteries, 3000mAh. Nitecore also makes (or wraps) a 30A 2000mAh battery and it's on par with my VTC4's.

As for a charger, Nitecore D2 (2 cell) or D4, the digital display is great, however the D2 charges at a 500mAh rate & the D4 at a 750mAh rate. Efest makes a good charger in the luc v4 & Blu6.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I like the Samsung 25 r. I use then in my Smpl mech that I carry just in case my Istick 40 rubs low. I got them on Amazon.

I have a couple 40 amp 18650 that are Lithium ion coming.

There is no such thing as a 40 amp CDR battery. That number may be a pulse value which can be discounted, or it may just be plucked directly out of the marketing aether.

Buying batteries from Amazon or Ebay is really bad idea as they are both swamped with fakes.

B2L

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 14, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    With dinosaurs on them!

We need pics :)

Loving the LG HB6s for my lower builds but the run time does leave something to be desired. They hit hard right up till the time that they just can't push it anymore (about 3.5 volts or so).

My standard is the Sony VTC4 though, it's a great combination of hard hitting, useable capacity and allowing for lower ohms.

http://www.illumn.com/batteries-chargers-and-powerpax-carriers/batteries.html?___store=default Is the only place I buy my batteries anymore, they are reputable with great pricing, great service and fast shipping.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    There is no such thing as a 40 amp CDR battery. That number may be a pulse value which can be discounted, or it may just be plucked directly out of the marketing aether.

Buying batteries from Amazon or Ebay is really bad idea as they are both swamped with fakes.

Well I will find out if 40 amp Li-on batteries exist or not these are brand new andva pair are being sent to me for test and review.

EBay batteries I agree.

Amazon the answer is yes and no. Ifyou by from someone that sells through amazon the odds of getting fakes are high. If you buy stuff that is sold and shipped by Amazon the odds of fakes is much lower.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    Well I will find out if 40 amp Li-on batteries exist or not these are brand new andva pair are being sent to me for test and review.

EBay batteries I agree.

Amazon the answer is yes and no. Ifyou by from someone that sells through amazon the odds of getting fakes are high. If you buy stuff that is sold and shipped by Amazon the odds of fakes is much lower.

Don't know, seen couple posts around other forums, Panasonic supposedly is claiming a newer 35amp, still don't know about 40amp batteries, my question is why though in our application, I can see a true 35amp in 150watt plus box mod, not so much in a mech or mech box mod, 35amp builds would be a little to unstable in a mech IMO

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Well I will find out if 40 amp Li-on batteries exist or not

Make sure you don't 'test' them next to your face.

Amazon the answer is yes and no. If you by from someone that sells through amazon the odds of getting fakes are high. If you buy stuff that is sold and shipped by Amazon the odds of fakes is much lower.

*odds

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Make sure you don't 'test' them next to your face.

*odds

Sonic;

I was born at night. It just wasn't last night.

I will be careful and test them extensively.

Companies offer me review samples all the time since I am a top reviewer on Amazon. Once upon a time I was a top 100 reviewer. I am still in the top 1000.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015

EBay batteries I agree.

Which batteries are these?

Reactions: Baditude

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Don't know, seen couple posts around other forums, Panasonic supposedly is claiming a newer 35amp, still don't know about 40amp batteries, my question is why though in our application, I can see a true 35amp in 150watt plus box mod, not so much in a mech or mech box mod, 35amp builds would be a little to unstable in a mech IMO

Anyone mention the designation/number for that Panasonic cell?

Reactions: B2L

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    Anyone mention the designation/number for that Panasonic cell?

Trying to dig around all my bookmarks, still not seeing any model number for the claim, yet two posts I did find the CDR and Pulse ratings stated are being 35A/80A which sounds all to familiar to Efest, MXJO, IMRen, and several others, which has me believing a fake wrap of sorts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread