Battery problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conall

Aug 15, 2015
So I got myself a new epen from a local newsagent. This one is called the Ego-ce4 1100MAH.

After it finished charging, I started using it. It was fine for about an hour, but then the light flashed 10 times indicating that the battery has died.

I spoke to my brother about this as well and he said that he had the same problem with this pen.

This is really annoying though because it takes about 2-3 hours to charge.

Does anyone know why I'm having this problem?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Basically because 1100mAh is not a lot of battery. Back in the day when I was using low power gear like that I used to buy two batteries so I could vape one while the other was charging. One of the big problems with eGo type pens is they are not vape while charge. You have a number of options: you can buy another battery and rotate them. You can buy much larger capacity eGo type batteries; I've seen them as high as 3200 mAh on fasttech: $12.06 eGo-T 3200mAh Rechargeable Variable Voltage Battery - 3.2V + 3.7V + 4.2V / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping . You can move up to something like the Innokin VV4, which charges by USB cord and is vape while charge (I did, they're good stuff-- and even then I had two). You can buy an iStick 30 or 50 (or any number of other fixed battery mods with bigger batteries). Or you can blow it all off, buy a Kanger Subox, and move into replaceable battery mods.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
The first rule of thumb for successful vape is to have a back up (for when stuff breaks or needs recharged). I had very little luck with the pen eGo style batteries. That being said, unless you are chain vaping it seems to me it should last longer than an hour.

I'd recommend buying a better battery. The CE4 you are using is very old technology. They worked to get me off the cigs but they aren't in the area of a quality vape.

The Eleaf iStick 30 watt battery (2200 mah) and Aspire Nautilus Mini would be my recommendations. (also a 5 pack of spare coils which should last between 10 days and 2 weeks each)

4f4a37f5-cac4-47a0-94b9-31b2900fd6b6_zpsqab8njbe.jpg

In my journey I started similar. Nautilus Mini on Spinner 2 in center and 50w iStick (4400 mah) on right.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

I'm going to guess you're in the UK (from the word newsagent), you could check here for shopping:
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Good luck in your journey.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I think you either have a shorted tank coil or the pin has been tightened to far. You shouldn't be able to kill an 100mah battery in one hour. With the tank you have it should last most of the day. Take the tank of and take something pointed and gently pry the center pin on the battery. Doesn't take much. Do NOT hit the fire button while you do this. Only tighten these just enough to make contact

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I got myself a new epen from a local newsagent. This one is called the Ego-ce4 1100MAH.

After it finished charging, I started using it. It was fine for about an hour, but then the light flashed 10 times indicating that the battery has died.

I spoke to my brother about this as well and he said that he had the same problem with this pen.

This is really annoying though because it takes about 2-3 hours to charge.

Does anyone know why I'm having this problem?
in general rechargeable batteries can be discharged a lot faster than it takes to charge them.

if you chain vape , you need more batteries

or a plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread