Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldrake

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
The beautiful Puget Sound
I am all for supporting, but what like to know how my support is utilized. What sort of expenses does the $2 a month cover? It is such a minimal amount that I don't understand how it helps.
I assume that it goes to help cover the cost of running the site.

CampbellMC

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2014
NS, Canada
I would love to become a supporting member, but it is not allowing me to do a credit card payment for some reason. I cannot use Paypal as someone ripped me off nearly a decade ago and then filed a report against me and Paypal sided with them (So I lost both the laptop I sold + the cash), and now I am banned from Paypal for life. Because of this I now know I can never be a "verified member" without jumping through 20 hoops with the Notary option. If a bank transfer would be possible please inbox me with details.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I am all for supporting, but what like to know how my support is utilized. What sort of expenses does the $2 a month cover? It is such a minimal amount that I don't understand how it helps.

Running any website costs money. Domain name registration fees, server rental (multiple servers) from a hosting company, bandwidth costs, maintenance costs, etc.
Although $2/month per person is a small amount, it all adds up, along with advertising and vendor fees, to pay the bills.

SmokeyJoe created ECF to help vapers and as a place for them to share information. I'm glad I found it and hope you are, too.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I would love to become a supporting member, but it is not allowing me to do a credit card payment for some reason. I cannot use Paypal as someone ripped me off nearly a decade ago and then filed a report against me and Paypal sided with them (So I lost both the laptop I sold + the cash), and now I am banned from Paypal for life. Because of this I now know I can never be a "verified member" without jumping through 20 hoops with the Notary option. If a bank transfer would be possible please inbox me with details.

I've brought this to the attention of our technical people. Someone should contact you soon.

Stacy1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Brunswick,GA,USA
Finally got around to doing it, and feeling good about it. I'd probably still be smoking if not for this forum. 24 dollars a year is a very small price to pay for years added to life, and I encourage anyone who can afford it to support this forum. It helps so many on a daily basis

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Weren't larger avatars allowed as supporting members?

With the old software, it was available as an option. This new software doesn't have that option. That's why there are the mood things. To offset the inability to give you the larger avatar as a perk.

I miss the larger avatars too

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Robin, thank you for your help, I'm finally a supporting member without having to sign up with PayPal! :D

In case anyone is wondering what Tutie ^^ is talkin' 'bout:

They take CC's also.
Go to Support ECF. Click whatever option you want: Annual or One Year. Somewhere you will see this:
option-for-cc-subscribe-ecf-png.454058

Per Retired: That's on the paypal page when you click the button. It's under the login blocks for PayPal.

mizunoboy

Feb 5, 2015
United Kingdom
Hello all!

Would you like more private message space (up to 2000 messages), extra storage space for your photos, greater forum permissions, automatic entry to all ECF prize draws, and a couple of extra goodies? Plus, above all, the feeling that you've helped support the community you know and love so well?! ;)

Well now you can! All for the price of not-even-a-walnut-whip per week (that's $2 per month, in case you wondered).

Anyway, that's the sales spiel over (praise be)!

Subscribe here now, and support the greatest online community on the web!

All the best,

SJ

I'll see your whip and up it a coconut marshmallow!
:rickroll:

Reactions: oliver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread