Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
I'd suggest the Kanger Subtank Mini. If you're not crazy about rebuilding they come with factory OCC of .5 and 1.2 ohm coils that you can purchase (which can be rebuilt) and a build deck. You might also be interested in the Kuro Koiler, a very nice coil builder. I have one ordered and I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival). With the build deck of the Subtank Mini I also viewed a you tube on the vertical coil build which looks to be a very easy build. Good luck in your journey.

Oceanrift

Feb 7, 2014
NY, NY, USA
Basically I'm still pretty new to the whole rebuildable Atty thing, and i'm soon getting an Innokin I Taste MVP 3.0. What Atty would you guys reccomend for someone who doesn't really enjoy lengthy building processes?

I've been exclusively doing rebuildables for quite some time now, but I am one of the laziest builders around. Reason why I rarely ever touch my RTA's. Always found it more of a pain to build compared to drippers, but that's just me.

For a dripper, the troll is a great dripper atty. Easy to rebuild. It has a T positive post so you have option of building single to mutiple coil builds, decent sized juice well and build deck. They're a dime a dozen so their sold for a decent price. It's no derringer, kayfun, rose, etc but it's able to deliver decent flavor while still being able to put out the clouds.

Fatboylim

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2015
London, UK
Basically I'm still pretty new to the whole rebuildable Atty thing, and i'm soon getting an Innokin I Taste MVP 3.0. What Atty would you guys reccomend for someone who doesn't really enjoy lengthy building processes?
Squape is one of the easier RTA (rebuildable tank atomiser); little can go wrong. It is expensive but then you won't have to upgrade too often as it is one of the best out there for flavour.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Ok, time for someone to answer your question honestly. You are either going to be a rebuilding person or not. The suggestions for the Nautilus tanks and such I'm sure were meant to discourage you as you seemed to not have full desire to rebuild. I personally never looked back once I got my first dripper. I would suggest you look at a simple dripper to hone your building skills. Don't forget the gear you need to get started. Not just wick and wire, but ohm meter, coil jig, cutters, pliers, etc. It's not real expensive, but you need it all before you get started.

The one suggestion you were given on the sub tank was actually good. Gives you a RTA section to work with when you feel like it and replaceable coils for when you don't. I'm just not huge on the Kanger line of products.

Now, if you do get hooked on rebuilding, it's amazingly addictive, Then I firmly believe there will never be a best atty for you. IF you find it let me know, I'm in the process of determining what will be now my 4th RTA. That's just plain ol' "shinyitis"!

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I started with a caterpillar to learn how to build - $15. Then got a Magma clone for about $30 - nice flavor and I use it to test juices to see if they're aged right for the regular tanks. My next one will be a gift to myself for my one year anniversary in about two months. I'm looking at an authentic Velocity, not a $15 clone. Of course I'll have to get a new power source to drive it. My subtanks have helped me learn how to lung hit and I rebuild their coils every couple of months and rewick them every couple of days. Building is easy when you learn how but it does take patience. Youtube has a lot of videos on how to build everything from simple micro coils to complex things like clapton coils, staple coils, zipper coils, etc. I keep it simple. Rip Trippers has some great videos on making coils. He makes it look easy.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
What Sir2fyablyNutz said is my exact answer as well. The tank comes with two prebuilt coilheads that can be replaced, it comes with a rebuildable deck similar to a kayfun, has adjustable airflow, and the .5 ohm coils work well at the 25 watt range. You can try rebuilding with the rebuildable deck, but if you don't like rebuilding, you can go back to the premade coils. Also,t he premade coils can be rebuilt as well if you want to cut down on the costs.

If you're not into the low ohm coils, it also comes with a 1.2 ohm coil. For kanthal, I'd recommend getting 28 gauge, but that is my own personal preference. It is borderline between the subohming and tootie puffer range of wire. If you like the lower ohms, get 26 gauge, or tootie puffer, 30 gauge. the 24 gauge is for the more severe subohm drippers, and the 32 gauge I only use for rebuilding the protank 2 or uber tootie puffer style coils.

He also recommended the kuro coilers... Those things are great. took me a few tries to realize, you don't have to push down hard on the coils.. let it do the work for you. After I figured that out, I can crank out a perfect micro coil in 30 seconds. makes counting wraps much easier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread