Best Battery for Atlantis Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i was wondering what are some mods that would do good with the Atlantis Mega. I already have the Aspire CF MAXX mod which does great with it as long as i use the 1.0 ohm coil (rated 40-50 watts)
However the CF MAXX does not perform well with the Atlantis if i am using the 0.3 ohm coil (rated for 70-80 watts), because the CF MAXX can only go up to 50 watts. So i am looking for something rated for at least 70 watts.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Snow Wolf 200W

Dual battery and temperature control. It does up to 150W without pulsing, 200W with pulsing. It does up to 80W in temperature control mode and is the easiest to use temperature control mod out there right now. And it's surprisingly small.

It's not cheap though. Not outrageously expensive, but not cheap either. Around $150 although I've seen them as low as $130.

Snow Wolf 200W

Dual battery and temperature control. It does up to 150W without pulsing, 200W with pulsing. It does up to 80W in temperature control mode and is the easiest to use temperature control mod out there right now. And it's surprisingly small.

It's not cheap though. Not outrageously expensive, but not cheap either. Around $150 although I've seen them as low as $130.
Is the snow wolf safe for sub ohming though? ive heard alot of people say to be careful about what mods you use on a sub ohm tank. also what is pulsing?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The Snow Wolf is made for subohming. You don't make a 200W mod for high ohm coils. It can fire coils down to .05ohms.

When the Snow Wolf goes over 150W the amp draw is higher than can be safely handled by any batteries in continuous drain, so it pulses instead. On/off/on/off really fast. That allows it to go up to 200W without damaging the batteries.

The Snow Wolf is made for subohming. You don't make a 200W mod for high ohm coils. It can fire coils down to .05ohms.

When the Snow Wolf goes over 150W the amp draw is higher than can be safely handled by any batteries in continuous drain, so it pulses instead. On/off/on/off really fast. That allows it to go up to 200W without damaging the batteries.
yeah after i started researching it i saw that it can do .05 ohm. thankyou for your help. i will most likely order this. found it on vaperoyalty.com for $130

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
My recommendation is you go to a Sigelei 150W. You can find them for about 80 bucks these days (or lower after coupon codes and stuff), and it'll provide more than enough power for your needs. It also has some nice reverse battery protection and short circuit protection.

The most important part, really, is the batteries you decide to stick in it. Here's my recommendations:

18650 Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh High Discharge Flat Top (30A)

18650 LG 18650HE4 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top (20A, but higher C rating than HE2)

18650 LG 18650HE2 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top (20A)

18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge FLAT Top (20A, or 22A, but for our purposes let's just assume 20A).

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
My recommendation is you go to a Sigelei 150W.

Why would you want a mod with no temperature control when you have a tank that has the option of temperature control coils?

Temperature control is just plain better. NEVER a dry hit, never a burned wick, it just works right every single time.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Why would you want a mod with no temperature control when you have a tank that has the option of temperature control coils?

Temperature control is just plain better. NEVER a dry hit, never a burned wick, it just works right every single time.

Vapingwithtwisted420 said he was able to get his cotton to burn (granted he had to fire to the point of excess, but it still happened). Also I've read a few reviews of cases where the mod wasn't firing/misfiring/behaving funky.

Personally I'd rather get a "tried and true" regulated mod than one that has some questionable-ness to it.

Also Victor's videos don't leave me super confident..

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Vapingwithtwisted420 said he was able to get his cotton to burn (granted he had to fire to the point of excess, but it still happened).

Yeah, that happens when you deliberately overrule the safety features. My car has traction control but I can still spin the tires if I floor the gas while going around the corner in the rain.

Not a problem with the mod, it's a problem with the user. You can create problems with any device if you are deliberately doing something that you're not supposed to do.

Also I've read a few reviews of cases where the mod wasn't firing/misfiring/behaving funky.

And that is different from any other mod how? Especially when you're reviewing pre-production test samples. There is a reason they call them TEST samples.

Personally I'd rather get a "tried and true" regulated mod than one that has some questionable-ness to it.

You mean like the crunchy buttoned, prone to autofiring, and inaccurate power delivery Sigelei 150W?

Anyone else having issues with the sigelei 150w button? Keeps sticking. : electronic_cigarette

Sigelei 150w Autofiring : electronic_cigarette

Sigelei 150w Failing Accuracy Testing (Suck My Mod) - misleddit

Also Victor's videos don't leave me super confident..

The guy is an idiot. He totally forget to the simple step of checking the display, seeing that it was asking him if a new atty had been installed, and pressing Up before firing it to tell the mod that yes, the atomizer had changed. No temperature controlled mod switches from watt to temperature control without user input, but he put that nickel coil on and pressed the fire button without even looking at the display. Of course that was going to end badly, it was still set at 100W in wattage mode.

Not a problem with the mod, a serious problem with the user.

Honestly you all lost me i am not a complete noob to vaping, but im definitely no expert.
I feel like instead of badgering eachother about the validity of temp control mods, we should first ask if @Gkbfox even wants to use one.

Even if it works perfectly, there's considerations to make regarding cost, coils, and convenience.
The most im willing to spend on a mod is $150; i wanna try and keep it a little below that. i dont know how to rebuild atty's. and i dont know what you mean by convenience. i prefer cylindrical mods over box mods, so if anybody knows of some good round ones that would be great lol

You can keep all your stuff and buy a 0.5 ohm replacement coil for your atlantis. This will work perfectly with what you have now. It would cost only a couple dollars.
Oh yeah i know that, but i will get more vapor from the 0.3 ohm if i can get something that will give it enough power; correct?

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Oh yeah i know that, but i will get more vapor from the 0.3 ohm if i can get something that will give it enough power; correct?

Yes, but a couple things to keep in mind:
  • The difference between 0.3 and 0.5 is marginal. You won't see the same difference as comparing a 1.2 to 0.5.
  • I use a lot more wattage than advertised for aspire vertical coils. For example, on the 0.5 coil I use 47.5W while it has a recommended 20-30W. A 0.5 @ 47.5W might be more enjoyable than 0.3 @ 70W.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Nobody is suggesting the Sigeli 150? shame on you guys!

sigelei-150-watt-box-mod.jpg

.1 ohm minimum. 150w can be gotten for under $100

I have an earlier version of this called the sigeli 100. It is my main mod. It has been reliable, and been dropped on concrete several times and still keeps on working. a few dent marks on the edge though, but what do you expect.? Not the smallest mod, but if you want a well made mod with a wide variety of wattage range, this one's a solid contender.

Yes, but a couple things to keep in mind:
  • The difference between 0.3 and 0.5 is marginal. You won't see the same difference as comparing a 1.2 to 0.5.
  • I use a lot more wattage than advertised for aspire vertical coils. For example, on the 0.5 coil I use 47.5W while it has a recommended 20-30W. A 0.5 @ 47.5W might be more enjoyable than 0.3 @ 70W.
Yeah you got a point. But would a 0.3 ohm with the amount of power it's rated for last longer than a 0.5 that is being given more power than its rated for?
Nobody is suggesting the Sigeli 150? shame on you guys!

sigelei-150-watt-box-mod.jpg

.1 ohm minimum. 150w can be gotten for under $100

I have an earlier version of this called the sigeli 100. It is my main mod. It has been reliable, and been dropped on concrete several times and still keeps on working. a few dent marks on the edge though, but what do you expect.? Not the smallest mod, but if you want a well made mod with a wide variety of wattage range, this one's a solid contender.
one person suggested the sigeli 150 watt and completely average completely shot it down and put down some links giving it a bad rep, but I will look into it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread