best controlled mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Recommendations will be based, in part, on where and how you plan to use the device. I have a Vaporshark and a Sigelei 100 and they're both great, high quality devices, although they serve two different functions for me. The Siglelei is my home/desktop mod used mostly with drippers. The Vaporshark is my on the go device and it's almost always topped with a tank, sometimes with a kanthal build, sometimes with nickel.

carolineduff93

Jun 1, 2015
Recommendations will be based, in part, on where and how you plan to use the device. I have a Vaporshark and a Sigelei 100 and they're both great, high quality devices, although they serve two different functions for me. The Siglelei is my home/desktop mod used mostly with drippers. The Vaporshark is my on the go device and it's almost always topped with a tank, sometimes with a kanthal build, sometimes with nickel.
do people sell a lot of mods and stuff like the vaporshark in the classifieds here?

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
do people sell a lot of mods and stuff like the vaporshark in the classifieds here?

To be honest, I'm not sure. I just applied to get verified for Classifieds access last week and it hasn't gone through yet. ;)

How much do you want to spend and which atomizers do you plan on using with it?

carolineduff93

Jun 1, 2015
To be honest, I'm not sure. I just applied to get verified for Classifieds access last week and it hasn't gone through yet. ;)

How much do you want to spend and which atomizers do you plan on using with it?
i would love to have a vaporshark and ill probably just use my aspire atlantis on it. i just bought a tesla mech mod last night so idk when exactly id be buying another. i just would love to find a good deal on one! :)

Reactions: caferacer

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Oh nice! It must've missed the notification in my inbox. :lol:

If nothing pops up in the classies, you can always look into buying a "scratch and dent" Vaporshark for $104. Quite a few people in the rDNA40 thread have purchased them and by all accounts, they seem to arrive scratch and dent free. They don't include a warranty, but I'm pretty sure warranty wouldn't extend to you if you bought a used device anyway.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
It really depends on what you want from a mod. There is no single "best".

For example, do you want single battery or dual battery? Dual battery will give you higher power but will be a significantly larger mod that you may find too large to carry around easily. Do you want temperature control or not? Do you want the ability to save specific power settings for quick access when you change atomizers? What power range are you wanting (No reason to get a 150W mod if you're never using lower than a .5ohm coil). Do you care about the warranty and if so, how long do you want it to be? And of course, what are you willing to spend?

I could name a half dozen different mods that I would consider "the best" for a specific use or purpose, but I can't think of a single one that does everything better than the others. Also the price is a big issue, because more often than not your budget is going to force compromises. For example, if you're wanting temperature control but have a budget of only around $100 then you're immediately forced to buy either a DNA40 clone of questionable quality or a budget mod like the IPV4 that lacks the features of the SX Mini M Class.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I could name a half dozen different mods that I would consider "the best" for a specific use or purpose, but I can't think of a single one that does everything better than the others. Also the price is a big issue, because more often than not your budget is going to force compromises. For example, if you're wanting temperature control but have a budget of only around $100 then you're immediately forced to buy either a DNA40 clone of questionable quality or a budget mod like the IPV4 that lacks the features of the SX Mini M Class.

The price of $104 for a "scratch and dent" Vaporshark DNA40 is a really good deal. Vaporshark readily admits that they will have the screen glitch (which doesn't affect the functionality of the device, just that the screen can get wonky from time to time and it will reset itself when the mod goes into sleep mode after a few minutes of non-use). Even though it doesn't come with a warranty, they will cover any DOA devices for any issues other than the screen glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread