Best E-Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to vaping. Began vaping as a means to quit smoking analog cigarettes. It appears I was fortunate in my first choice of e-juice, while asking for a flavor and nicotine level that would adequately serve to act as a palatable and sufficient substitute to smoking. The flavour is called Desert Ship 18mg. The present problem with e-juice I have encountered, is each independent vendor (at least here in Canada) feels a self-serving need to name each flavour they produce and sell with a unique twist, especially flavours they sell that resemble tobacco. I have tried 3 flavours so far that are advertised as resembling tobacco, Desert Ship, Virginia Fire, and a flavour called USA. Only the Desert Ship comes close to resembling a tobacco type taste. I have always had an extremely sensitive nose and palate, for tasting. One does not need very sensitive taste buds to tell the difference between say virginia tobacco and turkish tobacco. I have yet to discover an e-juice that does any justice to either turkish or virginia tobacco. I must admit though I have also tasted a few other e-juices that do not do justice to their names, such as green apple. I was in a vendor the other day who was selling green apple. It had hints of green apple, but it finished with the taste of vegetable oil. Need to say I was not impressed.

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
Many people feel that the flavor of tobacco is one of the hardest to achieve in ejuice. I've heard good things about the tobacco flavors from Halo. In fact, I vaped halo Longhorn for a long time after I started vaping until I started mixing all of my own juice. You might give them a try.

JamesTFlowers

Jul 25, 2011
Texas
Many people feel that the flavor of tobacco is one of the hardest to achieve in ejuice. I've heard good things about the tobacco flavors from Halo. In fact, I vaped halo Longhorn for a long time after I started vaping until I started mixing all of my own juice. You might give them a try.
Halo also have, IMO, the best menthol made Sub Zero! My advise to a person that is trying to go from analog to vape is to use menthol cause the menthol in menthol vape is the same menthol in analog..just makes it easy.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Unfortunately, taste is subjective. What I like, you may hate. You just have to experiment until you find something that appeals to you. A lot of vendors sell sample packs. Good luck to you. We've all been there...:)

Give us an idea on how much you smoke so we can give you an idea on the nicotine level.... And what kind of setup do you have ?

I agree with these statements. :thumb:

For e-liquid, the typical nicotine recommendations are as follows:

1/2 pack per day or less = 6 mg nicotine
1 ppd = 12 mg
1 1/2 ppd = 18 mg
2 ppd = 24 mg​

Figure on consuming at least 2 - 3 ml of liquid daily with beginner level clearomizers, more if using sub-ohm delivery devices.
Bottles are usually 10 or 30 ml volume.
E-liquid generally has concentrated nicotine, propylene glycol (Pg), vegetable glycerin (Vg) and flavoring extracts. The ratio of Pg and Vg is known as the pg/vg ratio, and a 50/50 blend is common. More Vg results in more vapor. More Pg may result in a harsher vape.

Tips for Novices Seeking Tobacco/Cigarette Flavors

A Word on Vaping Technique

Vaper's Tongue: What is it and what can be done?

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Mine :thumb:

29kon60.jpg

Reactions: Denvap0r

Debangstix

Unresolved Status
Aug 4, 2015
Manchester
www.debangstix.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Try Mech Sauce E-LIQUID MENU - mech sauce
or
Mt. Baker Vapor E Cigarette | Buy Electronic Cigarettes Online | E Juice - Mt Baker Vapor
Great Juice, Flavors, and Service from both.
Mech Sauce runs $5 for 30ml unless you go DIY. Just got 4 30ml Bottles shipped for $24.95 (@ $6.23 per shipped). AWESOME Deal IMO.
MBV runs about $6.99-$7.99 for 30ml and typically right at $4 for USPS 1st Class per Order for 3-4 Bottles (4 Bottles is @ $8.98 per shipped).
Only way to Beat those Deals on Great Juice is to DIY and Home-Cook.

Was a dedicated MBV Client solely (still am for a couple Flavors) till discovered Mech Sauce (thanks again ECF & fellow Members!) which is as good if not better and is $2.75 a Bottle less (when 4 Bottles purchased).
Order to Receive time for Mech Sauce: typically 9-10 days (they are working on that as they have just recently become "Popular" and weren;t prepared for the increased Demand). That's VA to W. KY
Order to Receive time for Mt. Baker Vapor: typically 4-5 days. WA State to W. KY
Neither time to receive is a Negative as E-Liquid is best if allowed to Age 7-14 days from being "Born" anyways. The Wait helps avoid the pitfalls of impatience and Vaping prematurely which can lead to falsely labeling a Good or Great Juice as Swill or lackluster.
Mech Sauce has much less Flavors & Variety than MBV but is varied and appealing enough that I don't consider them to be "lacking" or that to be a negative.

Suggest start with the 70/30 (VG/PG) and go up in VG from there depending on your desired trade-off between Flavor and Vapor quantity. Most Smoke-Shop Junk-Juice is 95/5 and Vape-Shop House-Brew is 90/10 0r 85/15 (typically). So, 70/30 will Cloud Chuck satisfactorily and still give you more than enough Flavor to easily overshadow those. Suggest leaning to Flavor a tad more at the start of your Vape-Life as that will be what keeps you interested and digging it till it takes a good & firm hold. Then go up on VG as much as you want. IF you can't find any Flavor to really Hit-Home with you, then you can always go Unflavored and VG Fog all you want.
Follow Baditude's Chart above for what Nic mg to "flip your switch. Very important at first to get the Nic you personally need to satisfy and prevent Cravings. Personally, I started at 24mg minimum (some higher when in my first year) and have come down to 16mg now and some 12 when Dripping.
Most Liquid Vendors only have 6mg Steps in Nic Options. Another plus for Mech Sauce as they allow you to specify in 1mg Increments.

There are other Sources for good Juice at good Prices but those are the only "Larger" well-accessible Ones I have personal Experience with.
All the best and hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread