Best place to order Kanger replacement coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
@stevegmu Thanks for the reply, going to check them out now!

Slightly OT question, but what would you suggest as far as ohms? All my liquids are 50/50 and I run it on a C-Twist (soon to be Vamo V3) I figured I'd give the 1.5 or 1.8s a shot but some feedback would be awesome! (Using a ProTank 2)

I use the 2.5 in ProTanks and Tatroe Tanks, as well as in my Halo Triton tanks. I feel they have the best range for variable voltage vaping. Not too low they will overheat and not too high that I have to vape at higher power. That's just me, though. My juices are high in PG.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
@stevegmu Thanks for the reply, going to check them out now!

Slightly OT question, but what would you suggest as far as ohms? All my liquids are 50/50 and I run it on a C-Twist (soon to be Vamo V3) I figured I'd give the 1.5 or 1.8s a shot but some feedback would be awesome! (Using a ProTank 2)

If you own a vv device, order higher resistance atties. They are gentler on batteries than the LR ones.

What clearos are you using? Evods? T3s? Protanks?

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I prefer the 1.8's as the 2.2's I was getting for my Protanks seemed to burn out quickly (maybe I just bought 3 bad batches - all 5 packs). I vape at about 8w consistently on the 1.8's and have had zero issues since using them exclusively. I did move to a 60/40 blend instead of 50/50 as I tend to vape more and more if I'm at my desk than if I'm on the go, so keeping the wicks saturated seemed to be an issue with the split mixes.

In terms of vapor, my own DIY 60/40 tastes better (to me) and produces more vapor without dry hits. I actually tested it by chain vaping for as much as I could handle, just to make sure I'd like the mix, worked very well and it's the ratio I'm sticking to for now.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Not OT - you is shopping! :)

I prefer 2.2 ohm, and if I can't get those then 2.5 or 2.0 ohm - in that order. 1.8 ohm or lower is just too hot, too fast for these particular devices for my tastes. I've had 2.0 ohm coils work perfectly fine at 3.2 volts when the coil is new. With a 1.8 ohm coil there isn't any room to adjust the voltage down at all on the low end.

And as Katya mentioned LR is hard on eGo type batteries. You really shouldn't use 1.5 ohm devices on eGo type batts. You run the risk of blowing the internal protection circuit, rendering the battery dead. Even if it does work, it will significantly shorten the life of the battery.

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
I'm gonna say the answer is NOT Ecig express. I got a batch of five when ordering flavorings and base (they shorted me 2 30 ml bottles also) and the pt/evod heads were in little condoms like the ones that come with new pts, packed together in plastic wrap. haven't looked for the ohm engraved on there (or not) yet but the smack of clones at first glance. I wanted the blister pack, it said it was a set of five.... not whaht I was lookin for

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Discount Vapors has them cheap too, fast shipping. I usually get 1.8-2.0 Ohms but that is really just personal preference?

I second Discount Vapers. Dang, he ships fast! Get the order in by 3pm their time (east coast time I think) and it ships that day. They are Kangers, not knockoffs. Ah, here it is:

"Orders Placed before 3PM (EST) Monday-Friday ship same day, Saturdays before 10AM (EST) ship same day."

I've never used Sun Vapers so absolutely nothing against them, just lucked into a Discount Vapers recomendation and it worked out perfectly (4 out of 4 times now). If it's in stock, that may be another queston.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
DV has great prices for the PT coil heads. Also, if they are out of the PT specific col, check the eVod/protank coil head. They are the same exact coil. Kanger no longer makes the shorter stem coil head and now uses the same one for all there tanks. So if it says they are out, they might not be. That's what I did the last time I purchased them. Yep, same coil.

Far as which ohm you should get, the lower the ohms the hotter the coil, the more watts you burn given the same voltage value. I'm liking coils at 1.5-1.8 ohms. But then again, like 2.5 ohm coils too. Just turn up the voltage then. It all depends on your device. If you have a 4.2 volt device that is not adjustable then with a 1.5 ohm coil you are burning 11.76 watts, 1.8 ohms yields 9.8 watts 2.5 ohms yields 7.05 watts. 10+ watts tend to lead to a burnt taste and warmer vape, lower wattage vape is cooler. Whip out ohms law to determine what is best for your device. If you have VV and or VW mod, then its no big deal, just dial it in.

Ohm's Law.
9fe11d132d4f2e7d19f4793e8b938957.png

where:
P = power in watts
R = resistance in ohms
V = voltage across the resistor
I = current through the resistor in amps

Last edited:

gmoney$

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2013
California
I'm gonna say the answer is NOT Ecig express. I got a batch of five when ordering flavorings and base (they shorted me 2 30 ml bottles also) and the pt/evod heads were in little condoms like the ones that come with new pts, packed together in plastic wrap. haven't looked for the ohm engraved on there (or not) yet but the smack of clones at first glance. I wanted the blister pack, it said it was a set of five.... not whaht I was lookin for[/QUOTE

Yeah these reference above from ecig express -- they are etched with 2.4 ohm (pretty sure I requested 2.2s), and have SHORT posts. The invoice labels them as coil replacement for Mtank, Mini Tank, evod and M-T. evod clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread