Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently using the Horizon Arctic tank and no complaints from me here. However, with all the new sub ohm tanks that have came out recently I've been thinking of trying a different one. I've heard good things about the Herakles and I'm also considering the Isub G because I'm a big fan of Innokin. Any thoughts? What's your favorite sub ohm tank?

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The "best" anything is all perspective. I have a melo subtank that I've been using for around 3 months. I bought a freemax starre hearing it was the best tank. Dont get me wrong, I love the starre, but for me I like the melo better. My wife on the other hand, she likes the atlantis v2 with the .2 ohm coil. It's all relative to what you need. If you're looking for a new tank though, I would suggest the freemax over the herakles. I personally just like the coils on those better. I feel like it has less of a ramp up time, could just be the first coil in my herakles was a dud but it definitly turned me off of it.

Killowatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Florida
I've only used one sub ohm tank, the Kanger subtank mini. I can tell you I love it, plus the factory occ heads are so easy to re-wick, they should last months before the wire burns out and breaks. Doesn't look to hard to rebuild a coil for it either, plus they come with an rba head with a coil in it, just wick it and vape.

Sean Mack

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
New York
As already said, it will be different for many people and IMO It also depends on what your looking to vape. Might sound crazy, but I like different tanks for different things, because I have noticed that sweeter juices I like with less wattage, and heavier juices like custards/cake flavors I like higher and warmer..

So for me,
-Kanger SBT tropical fruitty sweet juices around 24-26w
-Smok VCT Pro when I want more kick 40-60w
-Starre when I want the fullest thick nice warm clouds and flavor, 45w and up

Hope this helps, yes I know I'm have issues lol

Ohm Gnome

Apr 27, 2015
Douglasville Ga
As already said, it will be different for many people and IMO It also depends on what your looking to vape. Might sound crazy, but I like different tanks for different things, because I have noticed that sweeter juices I like with less wattage, and heavier juices like custards/cake flavors I like higher and warmer..

So for me,
-Kanger SBT tropical fruitty sweet juices around 24-26w
-Smok VCT Pro when I want more kick 40-60w
-Starre when I want the fullest thick nice warm clouds and flavor, 45w and up

Hope this helps, yes I know I'm have issues lol
I'm the same way. I use all my tanks lol. Herakles is my main tank but I use them all. I'm trying to pick up a Starre myself or Maganus

Reactions: Sean Mack

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
I have three tanks, but only use two...the Starre and the Arctic. Both are very close in airflow, with Starre being only slightly better. The Starre also produces better flavor and vape, IMHO. BTW...The Starre is identical in every way to the Magnus tank, only cheaper in price.

Attachments

• arcticversusstarre.jpg
    arcticversusstarre.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: sture228

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States

Joey Frazier

May 14, 2015
Columbus, Ohio
Not a buyer beware just my experiences/ issues, i hear vary good things about these tanks.

Kanger subtank plus
Im throwing it away if the new rba head i am waiting for doesnt work because it "mine" seems to have a horrable issue with jumping ohms on my sigelei 150 and my mech mods, im not just talking a few .# im jumping from .5 to 3.4 and crazy crap even taking it off and reading it with an ohms meter and ive tried everything i can find to fix it, went thru about 20 occ coils, white, red insulators dont matter. Removed all parts, cleaned, reassembled makes no difference. Coils will last maybe a few hours even at 10 watts.

Herakles Tank v2 "dual air holes"
Seems great so far no issues other than it spits alot of juice and i can tell im using a heck of alot from that issue.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Not a buyer beware just my experiences/ issues, i hear vary good things about these tanks.

Kanger subtank plus
Im throwing it away if the new rba head i am waiting for doesnt work because it "mine" seems to have a horrable issue with jumping ohms on my sigelei 150 and my mech mods, im not just talking a few .# im jumping from .5 to 3.4 and crazy crap even taking it off and reading it with an ohms meter and ive tried everything i can find to fix it, went thru about 20 occ coils, white, red insulators dont matter. Removed all parts, cleaned, reassembled makes no difference. Coils will last maybe a few hours even at 10 watts.

Herakles Tank v2 "dual air holes"
Seems great so far no issues other than it spits alot of juice and i can tell im using a heck of alot from that issue.
Wow, it really sucks that you've had that experience with it. Have you tried getting a return on it from where you bought it? I would think that was almost qualify for doa.

monomo

Apr 15, 2015
I choose the vaporfi volt. It's basically the subtank mini with some basic upgrades, including fixed leaking issues and larger juice holes on the rba. But like the subtank mini it offers pre-built organic cotton coils as well as a mini-rebuildable deck with two posts. The only issues i've had is wicking issues with the RBA, otherwise it offers tons of flavor and awesome vapor production, as well as the ability to switch between low ohm and sub ohm pre-built atomizers and the rba, not to mention if you have dna 40/yihi device then you can use pre-built nickel coils to use temp control!
(edit: You can either kanger subtank mini and vapor fi volt atomizers with the volt or the subtank mini, same with the kanger subtank mini rba and vaporfi volt rba since they're basically the same tank).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread