Best Way To Test Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am new to DIY e-liquid making. After browsing the forum and watching some YouTube videos, I ordered a bunch of supplies from Wizard Labs that should be arriving this week. I ordered all the basic stuff: PG, VG, Nic base, bottles, safety equipment, as well as a number of flavors from TFA. This is where I get a bit confused. I have three EVOD clearos and a Protank, as well as an eGo battery (3.7v). When making a new eliquid, like most things, it's trial and error I would assume. But is there a more efficient way to go about making a new juice than making a 10ml bottle and filling a tank with some of it, then dumping it, then adjusting it, dumping it, etc..? I've read that putting a couple drops of flavor onto an unsalted cracker, than nuking it in the microwave for a few seconds gives a pretty accurate representation of the flavor when vaped. Does anyone have experience with this method? I've also read that dripping the liquid directly onto an atty is a good way to go about testing flavors, as well... Anyhow, if anyone could share some information, tips and/or personal experience, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You can make a smaller amount of DIY juice. If it's a winner you can make a larger amount just by changing the ratios in your juice calculator.

For testing you have several options. A re-buildable dripping atomizer, ( RDA ) The HH357 type atomizer's are good too, but you can't change the wicking material or coil resistance. You can also make a dripper out of a bottom coil cartomizer like the Kanger XL BCC. Just pull out the filler and lay a little piece of sterile cotton on the coil. Keep the cotton wet or it will burn. Change the cotton when you change flavors. Dry burn when the coil gets gunked up.

You can get a Squid RBA for under $5 at FasTech. You can build micro-coils with cotton wicks. This is the best option for a newbie DIYer. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread