Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I got my first bottle of Boba's Bounty last week and have been vaping it non-stop ever since. The flavor is exactly the type of thing I was looking for as a new vaper. (I would be very open to any suggestions on the other flavors to try that might be in the same category)

Anyway, I like it so much that I've develped a problem with my current set up: It gums up the coil in my Kanger Protank in less than a day, eventually to the point where the protank doesn't vape well anymore.

Currently, I have my Protank on a 1300mah eGo standard eGo battery while I await some VV goodies in the mail.

While I wait for these items to show up, I've been repeatedly cleaning/burning/replacing the heads on my Protank.

Is this a Protank problem, voltage problem, Boba's Bounty problem, or all of the above?

Currently, what I am trying is firing the protank off for a few seconds before I vape....seems to be working better.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Woohooo another convert!

Unfortunately the gunking is unavoidable, as jef says it will gunk up coils really quick.

With rebuilt heads using cotton main wicks, i generally just rewick my head EVERY tank.

If you want a little less hassle, keep your silica main for dry burning, and use cotton flavor wicks that you pitch every time you clean.

Its worth the work.:vapor:

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Luckily, I found a thread on this forum before I accidently placed an order with "Alien Vapors" and not Alien Visions, and I'm so glad for that.

I will try the water trick.

Any chance that increasing the voltage will help this?

EDIT: I should have previously added that I've already removed both the flavor wicks, but it still becomes problem.

DanG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
NWI Cedar Tuckey (Lake)
I vape evods, I use cotton flavor wicks. I also clean my tank every tank or two and throw the cotton out when I clean it and replace them. Have you tried House Blend from Copper Creek. I would say it is similar, and delicious. It's another one of those flavors you can't really pinpoint like bobas. I get graham cracker from bobas and couldn't tell you from House. It changes a lot with seeping and different voltages.

Last edited:
Wow. This is in the new user forum? I feel like I'm in a different country reading a different language. :(
I understood as far as the conversation got to the VG talk and watering it down. Then it turned to taking it apart and using coils, etc and I'm lost. I'm using a simple ego c with a clearo tank and VG menthol liquid at 24ml. Or, at least I think that's how you say it.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk now Free

Not that I often vape pure Boba's Bounty (I currently mix it with Thug Juice from MBV), but when I have in the past I haven't had any problems with it. Did you get it from Alien Visions or that scam place Alien Vapors?

According to AVE...boba's bounty wasn't even named by them but by thier customers.. it's a flavor.. Theirs may be better, but alien vapors are a much better supplier.. At least they are open for business 24/7..

Also this is from alien visions LLP's terms and conditions.. Which leads me to say you are all complaining for nothing!

Third-Party Product and Y2K Disclaimer
All products sold by AlienVapor.com are third party products and are subject to the warranties and representations of the applicable manufacturers, including but not limited to Y2K compliance. Accordingly, AlienVapor.com makes no representation or warranty with respect to the Y2K compliance of products sold

I will continue to order from alien vapors as they have alloy more to offer. Regardless of 1 flavor ( boba's ) . AVE just isn't as good a company. Plain and simple, I've tried both and both were good. But with alien vapors you get the options to add flavor, sweetener and a lot of other flavors that AVE don't even make.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
According to AVE...boba's bounty wasn't even named by them but by thier customers.. it's a flavor.. Theirs may be better, but alien vapors are a much better supplier.. At least they are open for business 24/7..

Also this is from alien visions LLP's terms and conditions.. Which leads me to say you are all complaining for nothing!

Third-Party Product and Y2K Disclaimer
All products sold by AlienVapor.com are third party products and are subject to the warranties and representations of the applicable manufacturers, including but not limited to Y2K compliance. Accordingly, AlienVapor.com makes no representation or warranty with respect to the Y2K compliance of products sold

I will continue to order from alien vapors as they have alloy more to offer. Regardless of 1 flavor ( boba's ) . AVE just isn't as good a company. Plain and simple, I've tried both and both were good. But with alien vapors you get the options to add flavor, sweetener and a lot of other flavors that AVE don't even make.

Lol, if this wasn't ECF, i would have a few choice words for you sir.

Enjoy buying products from an opportunistic thief, [moderated]. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Wow. This is in the new user forum? I feel like I'm in a different country reading a different language. :(
I understood as far as the conversation got to the VG talk and watering it down. Then it turned to taking it apart and using coils, etc and I'm lost.
The OP is using a Kanger Protank. The heads/coils on these are easily replaced-- just unscrew the one you're using and screw in a new one.

But they can also be cleaned (through rinsing and "dry burning") for a while before they're unusable, and the unusable ones that need to be replaced could be rebuilt rather than simply thrown away.

There are many decent YouTube videos about cleaning and dry burning Kanger BCCs such as the Evod, Protank, and Mini Protank, such as this and this. If you're interested in learning to rebuild coils for Kanger BCCs, I recommend searching YouTube for videos such as this and this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread