Bottom Button Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
I kinda rest the button against the inside of my ring finger, or my picky, grasp and tighten my grip. I was wary about getting a bottom button mech, but decide to just go ahead and buy one anyway. Since then, I've learned two things:
1) it's pretty ergonomic, and isn't awkward like I thought
2) the bottom button is the simplest activation design. It's hard to mess up a bottom button, since it's just a pin that you push up to make contact with the battery. Any kind of side button requires a lot more design, and parts to make it work correctly, which will lead to a lot more maintenance in many cases.

So, for me, I've grown to love the bottom button for practical, as well as aesthetic reasons.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    You mean there's a different way :lol:

P1000727_zps152e9635.jpg

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 19, 2013
    New York
    I use my pinky to push my bottom button mechs.

I don't think I'd want a bottom button vape.

I said the exact same thing... until I held a Nemesis!
    I haven't used my Provari in months! My wife now has 2 Provaris and I have now 4 mechanical mods, everyone is happy happy.

madqatter

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 14, 2013
    Virginia
    I often find I'm unscrewing the battery compartment at the same time.
    This reminds me of an issue I have with my Sigelei 8W. When I turn the button lock, I have to be very careful not to loosen the button at the same time. I've figured out that I have to simultaneously hold the button against one finger to keep it still while turning the lock with other fingers.

mgjohn

ECF Veteran
    May 5, 2013
    DiabloGrande
    I use a K100 which has quite a strong switch spring. I tried using my little finger on it and practically dislocated it after a few hours. Now I do it this way:

View attachment 264540

With a AGA-T on it and a 18650 in it it's not light either. Any finger is much stronger than the little finger. I'm so used to this now it's like I've been vaping this way all my life.

That's me too. I'm ambidextrous so I'll vape either hand or both.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread