Bought coils from a smoke shop, shady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlieEllen17

Sep 21, 2015
So the 2 vape shops by me close at 8, and smokers depot is open til 9. So I had to go to the smoke shop for coils for my aspire atlantis. I bought 2, both of which the foil was broken on the packaging, and taped shut again with a price sticker over the tape. All the coils were like this, and it is a brand new, un used coil. However, the coils REEK of cigarette smoke!! Will this affect anything? Will it change the flavor of my juice? I was going to take the coils back but o don't think they will accept them, but I don't want to use them if they taste like cigs.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
So the 2 vape shops by me close at 8, and smokers depot is open til 9. So I had to go to the smoke shop for coils for my aspire atlantis. I bought 2, both of which the foil was broken on the packaging, and taped shut again with a price sticker over the tape. All the coils were like this, and it is a brand new, un used coil. However, the coils REEK of cigarette smoke!! Will this affect anything? Will it change the flavor of my juice? I was going to take the coils back but o don't think they will accept them, but I don't want to use them if they taste like cigs.
I sure wouldn't use them. They might be rebuilt, accidentally opened, or sprayed with cigarette smoke lol. Sounds nasty to me.

Reactions: sreevesmk

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
I'd return those. Simple reasoning, the foil shouldn't be torn already when you buy a product. Its there to protect you as customer and ensure you get a clean and authentic product & not something that smells of ciggies.
Most likely its as harmless as them being shown to a customer but the vendor should take their loss if they want to do so and don't get a sell out of it.

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City

Would u buy new and packaged goods that were tampered with?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I would return them.

They may be rebuilt they may have had almost anything done to them. DON'T USE THEM.

hmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2014
United States
The local smoke shop here (I also go sometimes because they are open much later than any of the vape shops) sells individual coils outside of the foil, but he takes the box and pops the coil out of the foil and into your hand when you buy it. I'm not sure I would use it if I didn't see it come out of the foil myself though.

KarlieEllen17

Sep 21, 2015
The weird thing is that one smelled really bad of cigarette smoke, and the other one didn't at all. I used the one that didn't smell, and now thinking about it, you are all right. I totally should not have. But it tasted SUPER strange with a juice that I use almost daily. I will also say that for whatever reason new coils always taste funny to me? I'm throwing the other coil out. I know they won't take it back. The people in that shop are .......s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread