Brand new coils taste like crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlieEllen17

Sep 21, 2015
So I have never had this happen before. I bought a new .3 ohm coil for my aspire atlantis today and popped it in, primed it with juice, and let it sit in the full tank for about 20 minutes to make sure it's nice and saturated. I'm using a juice that I use often and love, and it just tastes super weird? Not burnt. Just off? Like it has a bad after taste. Is this common with new coils? My buddy says his taste bad at first when he replaces his too. And it isn't just the first few hits, it's literally an entire tank or more that tastes funny. Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
What ohms do you normally run? Having a change in ohms will change the flavor output because of different temps. Could be a possibility. From my experience, the new coils take some time, not a lot, but some to get back to what you are used to tasting. The good ol' new cotton taste.........

Reactions: KarlieEllen17

KarlieEllen17

Sep 21, 2015
@ImThatGuy I'm experiencing at least an entire tank trying off. Like for example, I bought this coil probably 5 hours ago, and vaped 2 or 3 entire tanks off it and it is just now tasting normal to me. @Ablonz I usually vape a .3 ohm coil at 50-60 watts in my aspire atlantis 2. I will say I have been vaping a .5 ohm coil the past maybe 3 days at 40 watts because the girl at the smoke shop accidentally sold me th wrong coil snd I didn't notice until after I had primed it and taken a few hits. And that one tasTed weird to me at first too. And new coils never taste THAT strange to me for that long.

KarlieEllen17

Sep 21, 2015
That is odd...I would go back to where you bought it from and let them know of your experience with it. Is it just that coil or others as well?

I've had it happen 1 other time with a coil from a different shop. I had my boyfriendtaste I snd he said it tasted fine. Maybe it's just my taste buds, maybe it's because I switched ohms/wattage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread