Bridge-less Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

GESancMan

Oct 21, 2011
Portland, OR
I've been vaping for almost two years, and I am still on the quest for the perfect atomizer.

I only drip, using 510s. The best atomizer I've found so far is the Magma/Inferno atomizer from Volcano. When they work, they work great - good throat hit, last forever. The problem is, the last few times I've ordered from Volcano, I've gotten four atomizers, and two or three pop within a week. I debridge them, and as careful as I try to be (I've watched the videos), it's entirely possible that I am doing something that is causing them to break. However, I've debridged atomizers from other vendors, and not had this problem.

I've tried bridge-less atomizers as well. The Cisco ones work ok (don't remember where I got them, MadVapes?), but I tend to get a mouth full of juice when drawing on them. I most recently tried the "dripping atomizer" from SmartVapes, which gets rave reviews. They work well as far as throat hit and long life, but the problem I have is the amount of juice they burn through. With other atomizers, four drops is good for a 20 minute vaping session; I put five drops into these SmartVapes atomizers, and after five or six hits I start getting that burnt taste. It normally takes me about 10 days to go through a 30 mL bottle of juice, but I've just blown through four bottles in less than a month. One thing about this: these are low resistance atomizers, and this is the first time I've tried them. Would that have anything to do with it?

Oh yeah, I'm using all of these atomizers on Riva 510 XL 900 mah batteries from Liberty Flights.

So can anyone recommend a good atomizer, preferably bridge-less? Or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks!

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Welcome to the ECF. It's always good to see another NW vaper.

I'm lazy, so I don't drip - but I have heard good reviews from drippers for the Hybrid atomizers from Vapage. I have used these on my bottom feeding setups and they work well for that. They use a stainless steel mesh to hold liquid rather than a bridge or long wick or foam batting and have a nicely wound coil. I have cleaned and dry burned these to refresh them and have gotten good life out of them. Another recommended atomizer for drippers I read about was from GotVapes (Greensmoke 510 Bridgless Drippers Dream), but they're currently Out of Stock.

You're right - The low resistance coils burn hotter and produce good amounts of vaper, but do consume efluid significantly faster than the cooler coils. If you don't want the extra warmth and more vapor, I'd suggest going back to standard resistance.

I've tried both higher voltage and lower resistance but didn't like the warmer vapor and changed flavors - I find I'm satisfied with 3.5 Volt and 1.8-2.1 Ohm resistance - that's my sweet spot but YMMV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread