Status
Not open for further replies.

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
My EMOW battery is dead! Soooo upset; especially since the EMOW starter kit only has one battery! Here's what's going on.

I used my EMOW last night. It was working fine. I didn't charge it overnight. This morning I refilled the tank, and screwed everything together. While the fire button lit up, nothing was happening. I thought that was odd. I played around the the connection between the connector and the coil. Cleaned it off. Nothing. Changed the coil (the one that was in there was barely a week old, but I figured that's what it had to be). Still nothing. I grabbed an 1100 mAh ego battery that I had laying around and "boom!"...tank worked!

When I came into work, I stuck the EMOW battery on a charger. It was very strange. It started charging just fine (on the way into work, I kept playing with the EMOW battery, trying to get it to work...but it died). Red button illuminated on the charger. And then....like in less than 15 minutes....it turned green. As if it were fully charged. I know that couldn't be. Took my 'fully charged' EMOW off the charger and screwed into the tank. Still nothing. :(

I'm not a happy camper to say the least. My EMOW battery lasted barely 3 months (I have to check warranty terms...but it may be more trouble than what it's worth). For the moment, I'm driving my EMOW tank off of my basic little eGo battery. :facepalm: I'm not sure what route I should take from here. Health Cabin has EMOW batteries alone for only $14. But I've also seen full Vision Spinner II kits (not sure if it was Health Cabin, or elsewhere) for a little more.

Ironically, I brought a VAMO V2 only for dirt cheap (as in $12 cheap) and it arrived last night to my Grandma's (she's home all day....safer for my package deliveries). It's just the body though....no battery. I also picked up a Kanger Genitank and more coils. I guess I'll be picking those up sooner as opposed to later now!

But I really didn't want to carry a VAMO around with me. The EMOW was a fantastic out and about device. I just can't believe that it died this fast! :(

orion7319

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is my biggest gripe with the ego style batteries. They all do this eventually BTW. The floating center pin in the battery gets compressed down from the positive connection on the Atties. Make sure it's off, and can't fire, take a small flat head screwdriver and try to pry that center pin in the battery up just a bit. If this doesn't work than yeah, that battery is completely DOA. I've just learned to live with it when I'm using these style batts. It's one of the main reasons I went with a regulated box mod with a floating spring loaded center pin.

EDIT: Oh you've tried that already....

Last edited:

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
This is my biggest gripe with the ego style batteries. They all do this eventually BTW. The floating center pin in the battery gets compressed down from the positive connection on the Atties. Make sure it's off, and can't fire, take a small flat head screwdriver and try to pry that center pin in the battery up just a bit. If this doesn't work than yeah, that battery is completely DOA. I've just learned to live with it when I'm using these style batts. It's one of the main reasons I went with a regulated box mod with a floating spring loaded center pin.

Thank you. However I should point out that the EMOW battery does have a spring loaded pin. Not sure if it is "floating" though.

Fattlestar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Ohio, USA
That's an unfortunate turn, sorry for your loss :( All devices with built in batteries or electronics do eventually fail though, some sooner than others obviously due to quality control or use.

One of the new teeny tiny box mods with a 510/ego adapter would be a nice investment for on the go, like the sigelei that was mentioned or one of the iStick 30w types, not much bigger than a bic lighter and way longer lasting than any ego/stick battery.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well based on what you report it is communicating with the charger and may very well be fully charged after the number of times it's been on there. So the questions are: Why isn't it connecting to the tank? Or why isn't it firing?

It sounds like this is a situation where you need a meter of some sort to find out what the EMOW is putting out - or not - at the 510 connector when trying to fire it. It could be a case where the protection has tripped and that would be the scenario you end up with: You can charge the battery, but the permanently tripped protection won't let you fire it.

It does make me wonder what type of battery is actually inside that thing if they expect it to work with 1.5 ohm coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread