Building an Altoids VV box, looking for guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siap

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
KY, USA
I have been trolling around here for a few days, trying to find detailed posts and parts lists and haven't had much luck. I am looking for reputable sources for parts, but also with an eye on the coin purse.

Here is what I am looking for: (please tell me what else I might be missing)

510 battery connectors
Small voltmeter, preferably green readout
regulator all in one board, or a detailed component/assembly diagram to make my own
good batteries (I see a lot of contention on this one)
switches, with a preference towards something that lights up with small form factor.
The ability to ask questions.....I am good with soldering and basic electronics, but having the ability to ask a question is priceless

I have found the all of these parts from multiple sources (except the lit switches) but some places looked to have manufactured reviews, so I thought this plea for help might be my best option.

Dothan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
Dothan, Alabama
I have been trolling around here for a few days, trying to find detailed posts and parts lists and haven't had much luck. I am looking for reputable sources for parts, but also with an eye on the coin purse.

Here is what I am looking for: (please tell me what else I might be missing)

510 battery connectors
Small voltmeter, preferably green readout
regulator all in one board, or a detailed component/assembly diagram to make my own
good batteries (I see a lot of contention on this one)
switches, with a preference towards something that lights up with small form factor.
The ability to ask questions.....I am good with soldering and basic electronics, but having the ability to ask a question is priceless

I have found the all of these parts from multiple sources (except the lit switches) but some places looked to have manufactured reviews, so I thought this plea for help might be my best option.

The LM2596 thread will help you on your quest... a simple build, and good mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread