Burnt taste aspire bdc coil after cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikita Marinko

Jul 14, 2015
Hello vapers,
so I have this bdc coil for 10 days now and noticed that if I run it at 4,3 volts its rather dry and burny like the peripheral smell you get when sitting at a campfire. At less voltage 3,8-4V its less noticable but the flavor is sure a bit damp.
I tried to clean the coil by putting it in very hot tap water (Id say its around 70C-80C in my house if at max, there is solid steam production from the water) by putting it in a glass and strolling it around with tweezers. Then holding it with tweezers under the tap for a couple mins, then again in the glass. Then I took paper towels, wiped them, shook em inside of the towels. Then put it back into tweezers and with hair dryer at COOL setting, which is really cool I can have it againts my skin and its freezing, and blew throught it for a couple of mins, then wrapped it in tissue, let it sit overnight, blew through with hair dryer again and filled the tank up.
After two hits vapor production is normal. If I put it back to 4,3V (which is what I am used to vape at) it is still burny. even tho the coils were clean.
This is the only coil that I had that I accidentaly dry burned. I vaped it instantly after first fill when first used. So I would say i might have burnt the wick a little.
Other bdc coils I have usualy last 14-20 days because I use two clearos and I switch between them throughout the day. And cleaning usually gives them one week worth of life.

Any tips?

tony7432

Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
Sydney nsw australia
i made the same mistake and had the same taste, dont use water of any kind hot or cold, i bought the cheapest bottle of vodka i could find and i soak the coil in a glass of vodka enough only to cover the entire coil for 2 days and then i remove the coil pat it dry with some napkins and let it sit for a day to dry and she's good as new

Reactions: Hans Wermhat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread