Buying a Chuck! Need help finishing the order!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
I've decided on the chuck because of the battery options and the quick availability. Although I need to know if the mini chuck will take cr1's like the big chuck and what the differences are between the 2 if there is any.

VP - Chuck (Big or Mini?)
juice - Freedom Smokes
batteries - I need a vendor for cheap high mAh Cr1's that are protected and rechargeable of course.
Atomizer - Decided on a 510 atomizer although I need a cheap reliable vendor for them also
Empty Cartridges - Since I plan on filling my own then I need a supplier for those too.

I think thats it. Am I missing anything?

RatRacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
S.W. Florida

RatRacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
S.W. Florida
Its almost a 1000 pages?! HOW IS THAT GOING TO HELP?! Can someone please just give me exact links to the products im looking for on vendor websites and just tell me the difference between the mini chuck and regular? I'm dying here:-x

Just post it in there. You won't get flamed. They'll be happy to help another join the party.

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
Its almost a 1000 pages?! HOW IS THAT GOING TO HELP?! Can someone please just give me exact links to the products im looking for on vendor websites and just tell me the difference between the mini chuck and regular? I'm dying here:-x
go battery junction.com for the batteries@charger. big chuck 1ea 18650's little chuck 1ea 16340'a might want to get a couple of each!

lunaras

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Nowhere
THAG BUILT: A Wolf in Sheeps Clothing! is the only place to order a new Chuck, he custom builds each one, so there's not other vendor sites to look at.

A little chuck is somewhat shorter than a regular chuck and can only run at 3.7v using 1x 16340 batt. The regular chuck can take either a 18650 batt for 3.7v or 2x CR123s or 16340s for 6v. You can find additional battery info here.

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
Sounds like you need a consultant here son? Send me 200$ and i will have everything you need with written directions :lol:

Bogalu

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Silver Spring, MD
great, got every vendor down but 1, batteries.

I looked at that battery junction and they dont have a charger for the cr123's. I want to run 2 3v cr123's but they don't have protected ones or the charger for them.

Can I use 2 unprotected 3.0v cr123's in the Big Chuck?
Will I burn out the atomizer if I bump up to 2 protected 3.7v cr123's in the big chuck?

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
I have these for 6 volts on the Chuck

CR123's LifePO4

Here is the charger for other CR123's (3.0 volt only and not LifePO4)

CR123 3.0 volt charger

Yes, two 3.7's will most likely blow the atomizer. The problem with using unprotected CR123's is they sometimes discharge unevenly. So if one gets to low it could never work again or worse, go boom.

BigBaddBossyDogg

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
I'm glad to see this thread. I've been trying to figure out the Chuck (little). On the website, it says batteries and atomizers not included, which led me to wonder what all the fuss was about. Am I correct in assuming the Chuck is a holder for a big battery that you stick whichever atomizer in that you tell him you will use when you order the Chuck?

Did that make sense?

Guess I still have a bit of research to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread