Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Heylo errybuddy,

I'm getting pretty good at DIY juice these days. All of my juices are coming out great and I'm loving it! Except one juice... I cannot, however, for the life of me, find a good grape flavoring.

I've tried: 1) Flavor West (Produced a nasty taste in 2 different batches) 2) Natural Flavors 3) Capella Flavors

They all were just terrible! I love grape and really want to make my own good grape e-juice, but am getting discouraged.

So, has anyone beens successful with any of the grape flavors listed above? If not, any recommendations towards a good grape flavoring?

I need me some purpa uh... juice?

Edit: Let me add, I have tried these flavorings in all sorts of configurations ranging from 1% - 30%. The most recent (Flavor West) smells delicious, but it just tastes horrible!

I made the last batch of it about two weeks ago, and I literally dumped half the bottle in there (5mL of flavoring in a 20 mL batch) just for the heck of it because being scientific with this flavoring was just a PITA (and not working). I just tried it today after two weeks of steeping, which is why I started this thread, and it just has this weirdness to it. It smells delicious, but there is hardly any grape-ness to it. What little flavor there is, is masked by the funkiness.

The other flavorings produced the same result. I know it's not my process or work area because all of my other juices are coming out great.

Thanks,

Cullin

Last edited:

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I have a bunch of lousy Grapes. The only one I've tried that had some Grape Flavor was Inawera Ice Grappe, but everyone that tried didn't like it. You could try mixing two of your Grape Flavors and see if it helps.

Unfortunately, the Flavor West I just dumped the rest into my last batch to see if it would do anything (which it didn't) and the other two I just threw away lol.

Did you try FW Grape or FW Grape Soda? The Grape Soda is a Welch's juice flavor.

I got just the FW Grape. Is the Grape Soda worth a try? I just ordered LorAnn's Grape....

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Unfortunately, the Flavor West I just dumped the rest into my last batch to see if it would do anything (which it didn't) and the other two I just threw away lol.

I got just the FW Grape. Is the Grape Soda worth a try? I just ordered LorAnn's Grape....

Grape is like Cherry, very hard to find a good concentrated flavoring. To me, LorAnn's grape tastes like grape candy, which could be a good thing if that's the type of grape flavor you're after. Otherwise, Inawera's Grape (not the Ice Grape), is dead on real grape flavor which is good if that's the type of grape flavor you're after.

wallacecarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
Heylo errybuddy,

I'm getting pretty good at DIY juice these days. All of my juices are coming out great and I'm loving it! Except one juice... I cannot, however, for the life of me, find a good grape flavoring.

I've tried: 1) Flavor West (Produced a nasty taste in 2 different batches) 2) Natural Flavors 3) Capella Flavors

They all were just terrible! I love grape and really want to make my own good grape e-juice, but am getting discouraged.

So, has anyone beens successful with any of the grape flavors listed above? If not, any recommendations towards a good grape flavoring?

I need me some purpa uh... juice?

Edit: Let me add, I have tried these flavorings in all sorts of configurations ranging from 1% - 30%. The most recent (Flavor West) smells delicious, but it just tastes horrible!

I made the last batch of it about two weeks ago, and I literally dumped half the bottle in there (5mL of flavoring in a 20 mL batch) just for the heck of it because being scientific with this flavoring was just a PITA (and not working). I just tried it today after two weeks of steeping, which is why I started this thread, and it just has this weirdness to it. It smells delicious, but there is hardly any grape-ness to it. What little flavor there is, is masked by the funkiness.

The other flavorings produced the same result. I know it's not my process or work area because all of my other juices are coming out great.

Thanks,

Cullin

LorAnn is the best I have used so far but still not able to get that Jolly Rancher grape taste I want. I am up to 30% extract
probally keep adding till I hit the perfume point.

Moodyfisherman

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
City of Destiny, Wa
Inawera
Winogranna Grape
E-aromat

Dah bomb.....heard great reviews from DIY'ers on here and it being my first Inawera flavoring I was in heaven...vaped it for days on end.

The gal on the other side of the cubicle from me can pick it out of anything I vape...."Moody you got that grape in there today...again".:D

At 3% it is good...4% even better...lite sweetness but not a soda grape at all...Good luck finding your grape heaven

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Well, I just got my new flavors in the mail today so I mixed up some testers of each. The LorAnn grape... I think it might just work! I did a taste test, but obviously have to wait for steeping. The only thing is, it's stupid thick and extremely dark with color. The juice it produces are just as dark at anything above 5% and die your wick purple... lol Kind of worries me it has soooo much coloring. :/

Well, I hope it works. If not, on to Inawera!

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
Well, I just got my new flavors in the mail today so I mixed up some testers of each. The LorAnn grape... I think it might just work! I did a taste test, but obviously have to wait for steeping. The only thing is, it's stupid thick and extremely dark with color. The juice it produces are just as dark at anything above 5% and die your wick purple... lol Kind of worries me it has soooo much coloring. :/

Any update on this?
I am interested in your result :)

BLennon

Nov 18, 2013
Philadelphia PA

I liked LA Grape. Mixed low percent also - but not only did it die the wick purple it also has this flavor staying power not only in the tank (even after cleaning) but transferred to the battery after some leaking. Even though it tastes fine I will not use it again.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Lorann watermelon is a dark red. If its the same type of coloring leave it in the sun and it'll turn clear. Not sure why.

Tried leaving it in the sun for 3 days, and no lightening occurred. It's like thick purple grape syrup lol.

Any update on this?
I am interested in your result :)

Yessir, the juice actually tastes pretty dern good! Better than my previous grape flavors by a long shots but it's still not what I would like personally. It's still incredibly thick and dyes everything it touches purple lol. I will be trying Inawera soon just to compare but this LorAnn grape is pretty good!

image.jpg

Edit: Sorry for the sideways photo. Here is the recipe for a 25mL batch at 0mg nicotine, 20%PG/80%VG: 4 mL PG + 20 mL VG + 1mL LorAnn Grape Flavoring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread