charger for VISION Mini eGo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilelee

Mar 5, 2013
nj
Hello fellow vaping buddies! Can anyone tell me which kind of charger this product is compatible with or link to me an affordable wall, as well as usb or car charger for it (have to charge in the car too!)?? I've asked this type of question before and I got mixed answers, so ATTN vaping Product Experts!

Here's the product description:

VISION Mini eGo with Key Ring 400mah - WHITE

$14.95

• You will receive one WHITE Vision Mini eGo 400mah wiht this listing
  • 60mm or 2 & 3/8th inches high

does it use an ego charger or a 510 charger? it says ego... but from what i understand, you can charge egos with an ego charger as well as a 510 charger but not the other way around....

the chargers i have are:
usb charger that has no label on it except- input: DC 5V, output:4.2V... 420mA and a
joyetech usb charger- model: eGo usb charger, input: DC 5V, 500mA, output: DC 4.2V 420mA

There is no other info on this product on the website... i love the company but i sure wish they'd give you instructions on which products to use with it. thanks in advance! i want to buy several chargers bc i left my chargers at work once and wound up going back to smoking analogs :( so having lots of different kinds of chargers is a MUST for me.

Really surprised nobody has helped with this, I was just trolling the pages and seen it. I can help.

Because the first charger you have is unlabeled, I cannot identify it's polarity output which is important above all. Just don't use that one.

The second, the Joyetech, will work fine as long as the 510 thread screws into it; and it should. For future reference, 510 is a thread size & type, not a brand name. The Ego battery has an internal 510 thread, and a proprietary outer threading. The charge and discharge functions occur on the inner 510 thread for ego and ego style clones.

420ma charge rate is 1.05C of the 400mah battery, which is fine. Some people recommend .5C charge rates, others proclaim you can go as high as 2C, and right now you're reading this like 'wth is he talking about?' so i'll just stop now.

Use the Joyetech 420ma, you'll be just fine. If you want additional chargers I cannot recommend a retailer But I can tell you ego USB chargers are available everywhere if branding is what you're after.

I charge all my lithium chemistry types at 1C, but an extra 20ma falls into SOA easily (safe operating area).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread