Cigarette shaped e-cigs that use juice??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanezipperfb

Aug 9, 2015
Hello,

Okay so I've been doing a bit of research but haven't been able to find much... I really like the e-cigs that are shaped like an actual cigarette but am not a fan of having to purchase cartridges. I was just curious to see if there was any e-cigs that are shaped like a regular cig but use juice rather than cartridges. Thanks for your time!!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well to make things clear first, you have to have something for the juice to be contained within.
There are several Good Cartomizer manufacturers. Boge and Smok are the biggest.
These are refillable, to a point, but still considered disposable.

Depending on the Clarity of your e-liquid(juice) you can reuse them 3-10 times before flavor becomes unsatisfactory.

They are convenient, simple to use and not overly expensive compared to cartridges.
They also have the atomizer built in so you only deal with 2 parts. (Battery/Carto)
There are a few thin design clearomizers that fit and are refillable but most are hit or miss for quality.
I purchased 10 and liked the design concept. Unfortunately 3 worked perfect, 3 worked some of the time, 3 were a battle to keep liquid flowing and one refused to wick at all.

For a lite Vapor, a longer 510 battery and Carto will last a few hours, At Best.
A heavier vapor would need a few batteries, charging capability and several filled Carto's per day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I smoked for 45yrs., switched with Cig-a-likes, moved to 510/cartos and on to EGO/Clearomizer setup in 3 weeks. I never lit another cigarette but did fine I needed more than a cig-a-like to win the battle.

Once I found the bigger batteries(Ego types) and decent clearomizers I could achieve a respectable substitution for smoking and was good to go from that point.

3 years later I play with the more advanced equipment but still rely on my basic Ego style(vv) batteries and Cartomizers in public situations.

Reactions: The Ocelot

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
Been awhile but I have pulled the plug off both Blu and Green Smoke ecigs and dripped juice in the end. The end you draw on is just a pressed in plastic piece. I used a paper clip to pry it off. Under that is a wicking material of some sort. Use to use it on a plane.

Don't put too much juice in or you can get some in your mouth.

Not really my cup of tea, but it will work.

chanezipperfb

Aug 9, 2015
Maybe, but even if you find one, the batteries in those little things are weak.
I suggest you research the next step up, the ego. They are really not that much bigger, still smaller than the average cigar, more economical, & a much more satisfying.

Yea well I actually already own a mod and an old ego but was just looking for something closer to a cigarette like a Blu that uses juice, but thanks anyways!

chanezipperfb

Aug 9, 2015
Well to make things clear first, you have to have something for the juice to be contained within.
There are several Good Cartomizer manufacturers. Boge and Smok are the biggest.
These are refillable, to a point, but still considered disposable.

Depending on the Clarity of your e-liquid(juice) you can reuse them 3-10 times before flavor becomes unsatisfactory.

They are convenient, simple to use and not overly expensive compared to cartridges.
They also have the atomizer built in so you only deal with 2 parts. (Battery/Carto)
There are a few thin design clearomizers that fit and are refillable but most are hit or miss for quality.
I purchased 10 and liked the design concept. Unfortunately 3 worked perfect, 3 worked some of the time, 3 were a battle to keep liquid flowing and one refused to wick at all.

For a lite Vapor, a longer 510 battery and Carto will last a few hours, At Best.
A heavier vapor would need a few batteries, charging capability and several filled Carto's per day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I smoked for 45yrs., switched with Cig-a-likes, moved to 510/cartos and on to EGO/Clearomizer setup in 3 weeks. I never lit another cigarette but did fine I needed more than a cig-a-like to win the battle.

Once I found the bigger batteries(Ego types) and decent clearomizers I could achieve a respectable substitution for smoking and was good to go from that point.

3 years later I play with the more advanced equipment but still rely on my basic Ego style(vv) batteries and Cartomizers in public situations.
Oh yea that would be a bit too much of a pain to deal with personally... I own multiple Vapes already from small egos to larger mods but was just hoping for a cig-a-like that would do the trick. Thanks a ton for the input though, glad to have my question answered so quickly!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
If you get a 510 threaded cig-a-like, like a JoyeTech 510 or a convenience store model called "Green Smart Living' (not Green smoke), you can put these on for stealth vaping: VISION Nano Clearomizer Bottom Coil 1ml 2.8ohm - CLEAR [gv-VisionNanoBottomCoil2.8-CLEAR] - $3.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more While they aren't as popular as they used to be, if you look around you can find them with differences resistances.

I also like this one, but it's pricy and hard to find. It's like an eCab, but with a 510 connection.

http://www.toihk.com/tecab2_kit_us?filter_name=tecab

Reactions: djsvapour

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
I started with the e-roll from joyetech, you could refill the the cartridges with the juice of your preference. But as said earlier in this thread: they don't give enough vaper power to get a good experience, and the battery last only a very short time. I replaced them within 2 weeks for something better.
The first good vape I got was from a Istick/nautilus mini combo, in my opinion the best starter set....from there you can move forward to sub-ohming, dripping and TC if you have the desire. To start with anything less will probably be a dissapointment.....

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Although something like the Ego One mini is something that you're looking for, like many have said, the batteries are sub par at best. Since you are now a vaper, I say break away from that design. If you want something light and fits easy in your hand, try the istick mini or 20w. How many watts do you think you would need? The mini goes up to 10, but I think the better choice would be the 20w. With 2200mah, that battery will last most of the day. And it will give you a wider selection of attys to choose from. I don't have experience with other non sub-ohm tanks, but the Nautilus mini gives great flavor, and is a great fit for the 20w.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
If you can avoid the clutches of Blu, Whitecloud and Greensmoke etc. there are hundreds of cig-a-likes (maybe more) that use refillable cartomizers.
It really is that simple. Any battery that uses a 510 (or KR808) fitting will take a cartomizer.
You can have a battery barely larger than a cigarette or a battery the size of 1988 mobile phone. If you want, you can even attach a slimline cartomizer to a battery, something like the Kanger E-Smart (preferrably the 510 one).

In the UK, pre-filled carto systems can cost $5,000 a year. Refilling a non-branded system could cost under $1,000, maybe even $500. That's how much these systems can drain your bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread