Cleaning the T3S coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapman12

Sep 17, 2013
India
What's the best way to clean the coil of a Kanger T3S?

Some posts suggest vodka, others suggest hot/boiling water, others isopropyl alcohol?

What's the best & what's surely not going to damage it?

coils are very expensive where I am (around 7-8$ for _one_ non-Kanger made replacement coil for a Kanger T3S), so I was wondering what's the best way to take care of them and how much can I make them last?

vapman12

Sep 17, 2013
India
this is for the t3, but it is done similarly :)Kanger T3 how to clean your wicks and coils!! - YouTube
[/url]

Thanks, ingerri, but this doesn't look like this is for me.
First, who has a blowtorch? Second, I am not good with my hands & I am sure I will mess up everything & either make the coil unusable or fry the battery.

So is there a way to clean the coil without disassembling the coil - i.e. I dip it in some liquid, let it then dry and put it back. If yes, then what's the best liquid - hot water(how hot), vodka, isopropyl alcohol etc?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I usually rinse them out, however I usually pull out the crappy glass fiber flavor wick and put on a cotton wick from a q-tip in it and it vapes AWESOME...if you burn the wick inside the coil however, might be time to rebuild the coil (some say soak in alcohol to soften up the goop but I usually just rebuild it)...it's really very easy to do

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
Thanks, ingerri, but this doesn't look like this is for me.
First, who has a blowtorch? Second, I am not good with my hands & I am sure I will mess up everything & either make the coil unusable or fry the battery.

So is there a way to clean the coil without disassembling the coil - i.e. I dip it in some liquid, let it then dry and put it back. If yes, then what's the best liquid - hot water(how hot), vodka, isopropyl alcohol etc?

don't need to do the blow tourch part, just wanted you to see how to clean the coil, you can just rinse it off, but you cant get the coil cleaned off without burning off the gunked up burnt juice

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I pull off the tube from the coil, remove the coil/head from the base, and rinse everything under hot running water. The flavor wicks I generally trash, and replace with cotton yarn during re-assembly.

The coil itself will periodically need to be dry burned. Put it back in the base, and mount it to a battery. Fire it for a few seconds, then release the button. Do that until you see all the turns of the coil glowing red. Rinse again.

At that point, you can set it aside to dry, or put it all back together and vape. If you do the latter, the first few draws will be pretty tasteless as you boil off the last of the water, but it won't hurt the device.

The silica wick inside the coil can easily withstand the temperature, and will clean up as well with this process. As long as you don't prod the coil itself and break it, you can do this many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread