cleaning your APV and coils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently learned about Watts voltage resistance and ohms a got my Nemesis with plume veil drip tank dialed in and I'm wondering about how to clean the coils and the base/body.

1. What type of cleaner would you recommend for body and/or coils?

2. How often or what should I look for on my coils to know it's time to clean them?

3. How often should I change my cotton wick?

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
1. I usually use a microfiber cloth and a metal polish called blue magic to clean my mechs and contacts both outside and inside (copper and brass)

2. I clean my coils maybe every 1-2 weeks depending on usage. When I rewick the coil I always check to make sure they don't look gunky or super charred. If they are I very carefully dry burn (with no wick) until all the juice is burned off, then I use an old juice dripper to put a fe drops of water on the coils and then burn off the water. Might have to repeat this step 2-4 times or so depending on how dirty the coils were

3. It all depends on how you like to vape. After a while you'll start to find that you may not be getting good flavor anymore, if so it's probably time to rewick. Also I usually change the wick when changing flavors, but that's subjective.

I like the look of my copper mechs when they have a nice patina so I let them go a long time without cleaning the outside. BUT I clean and polish the threads and contacts weekly.
Hope this helps! Cheers:toast:

jesem

Jul 1, 2014
Ohio
I've only been vaping 7-8 months so I'm certainly not an expert. Using a protank 3 or orchid RBA, I have gotten into the rhythm of cleaning my coils and re-wicking every 5-7 days... unless I've been vaping some particularly corrosive juice like cinnamon. Doing this, I find I only have to rebuild my coils every month or so. When I clean the coils I fire them once the wick has been removed, carefully running the coils under the faucet for a minute. I can generally tell when it's time to change the wicks/clean the coils ... flavor becomes muted and vapor begins to drop off. I use an MVP 2 so don't do anything special to clean the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread