Clone batteries and tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason96p

May 14, 2015
New to vaping and the forum. I recently bought a kanger protank 3 mini and a vision spinner 2 battery from a local vape shop without knowing any better. After getting it home and doing some research on the brands I noticed they were both clones. After that I did some research on some online vendors and found one I was confident had authentic products and ordered another protank 3 mini and enjoying it. I can't say i'm too disappointed in the clone ive just noticed better airflow in the authentic. I still use both for separate flavors of juice. I have not gotten a new battery yet though, the clone is working fine I just have charging issues with it. Anyone else have clone experiences?

rum87mage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
United States
$25.36 Authentic Innokin iTaste CLK 1280 VV 1280mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ charging cable / brass + stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
buy this if you want a spinner type cheap its great and 1280mAh so will last a while

$25.96 Authentic Innokin iTaste VV V3.0 VV / VW 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
this is good to less mah but diga and really good

but if u was to skip the bs and get a great mod that you will use for a long time and be happy with try the
Found 22 itaste mvp at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
best mod for the money reall and these are mods with built in bats and all are very reliable .

littlejan

May 13, 2015
Clone attys are often fine. Clone mods/batteries can be a crapshoot. Some are great and some are garbage. On the ego batteries, I would buy authentic. The clones often die quickly or worse, explode during charging.

Way back in the day when I was using variable pass through ego-style mods, I bought what I thought at the time was an authentic eGo-V Mega and later found out it wasn't when it caught fire in my brothers hand.

I mean when I saw my brothers facial expression I was laughing because cmon. It was priceless.

Regardless some clone battery's (18650 or ego style) can be quite dangerous.

But from then on I try to buy only authentic mods unless it's something like the smpl where it's only three pieces and is kinda hard to manufacture a bad batch.

RDAs on the other hand, most of mine are clones. As they (for the most part) do the same thing. The only issue I've had with some clone RDAs is the screws in the positive and negative posts often strip, or back out of the post after continuous use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Wolfenstark

Thedudeabides870

Account closed on request
May 17, 2015
After going through ego after ego, my final take on those, was to buy something, battery wise that was of quality. The price is almost always worth it for the power source to keep you off the cigs. If you are having charging issues already, and don't want to step up to something like an istick or aspire esp or something along those lines, the aspire vv or kanger vv tend to hold up just so long as they are authentic. Hope this was of some help :)

CRizzo7

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Wichita, Kansas, USA.
New to vaping and the forum. I recently bought a kanger protank 3 mini and a vision spinner 2 battery from a local vape shop without knowing any better. After getting it home and doing some research on the brands I noticed they were both clones. After that I did some research on some online vendors and found one I was confident had authentic products and ordered another protank 3 mini and enjoying it. I can't say i'm too disappointed in the clone ive just noticed better airflow in the authentic. I still use both for separate flavors of juice. I have not gotten a new battery yet though, the clone is working fine I just have charging issues with it. Anyone else have clone experiences?
This is how I've always thought of it. Stay away from clones if there's an electronical aspect. Mech mods..fine. RDA's and tanks...fine. No clone batteries if ANYTHING! Nothing regulated. Stay safe and vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread