Clone Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
Hey guys... Since I can't afford the real deal I was looking at getting some clones that I could tinker with and learn on until one day when I decided to pull the trigger on originals.

I see a variation in boxes/prices so I was wondering if anyone knew if these are both produced by hcigar..

King Clone
FastTech
VapeRoyalty

If you look at the pics you will see a difference in boxes.

Also Nemesis Clone
FastTech
VapeRoyalty

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
The ones from FT are not made by hcigar. FT has stated this many times and so has hcigar. Considering that FT knows that their customers want them to bring in Hcigar products, there's no reason they wouldn't tell everyone if they were in fact made by Hcigar. It would mean higher sales for them. FT products are hit and miss depending on the supplier. Hcigar has some glitches also, but they're fewer because their QA is better. So you're better off buying a Hcigar branded clone for a few more dollars. I have the Hcigar Nemesis and Trident clones and they are built very well. I've had no problems with either. Good luck. :)

DisKid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Bridgeport, CT, USA
The ones from FT are not made by Hcigar. FT has stated this many times and so has Hcigar. Considering that FT knows that their customers want them to bring in Hcigar products, there's no reason they wouldn't tell everyone if they were in fact made by Hcigar. It would mean higher sales for them. FT products are hit and miss depending on the supplier. Hcigar has some glitches also, but they're fewer because their QA is better. So you're better off buying a Hcigar branded clone for a few more dollars. I have the Hcigar Nemesis and Trident clones and they are built very well. I've had no problems with either. Good luck. :)

Feel like helping me pick out everything I need? Winter is coming so I figure this will be a good project for me to stay busy until the motorcycle comes back out.

- So far trying to decide between the King or Nemesis Clone
- Need to decide on an RDA
- Batteries
- Charger
- Odds and ends....

Dannyboy5691

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Hamburg, NY
Well I can't comment on the King clone, but the consensus from owners of multiple Hcigar clones seems to be that the Nemesis is the best one so far. For a RDA I'd probably go with an Igo L, Igo W or the Hcigar Trident. I started out with the Igo L, but the air hole is really small and you'll want to get it drilled out. The Igo W allows you to run a dual coil set up easier but still needs the airflow holes opened a little. The Trident has adjustable airflow and the ability to run dual coils. Actually you can run up to 4 coils on the Igo W or the Trident if you wanted to.

Batteries- Make sure you understand the parameters of your battery and ohms law before you start building a coil. I can't stress this enough. You can hurt yourself if you don't know what you're doing. Having said that the Sony 30 amp battery seems to be a good choice along with MNKE, Samsung 20 amp and Panasonic NCR 18650PD batteries. I use a Nitecore i2 charger and it works very well.

I bought my Hcigar Nemesis and Trident on ebay from a reputable seller, so if you can't find a product that you want take a look over there. eBay can be cheaper then online stores when you find the right seller.

Hope this helps a little. :)

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
The Nemesis Clone is pretty nice, and if I were looking to buy either or, I'd take the Nemesis. As above, the IGO-L or IGO-W are great RBA's and I'm sure you'll be pleased with them. The air holes are a bit small, so lung hits are a bit harder unless you bore them out, but they still produce awesome vapor.

Camaroboi13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
San Bernardino, CA, USA
It's weird, I actually picked up an iHybrid clone for myself, and for my wife, but then she wanted a different color so I found a 3rd one...all 3 coming from different places. Place number 1 had no writing on the box, place number 2 was labeled Sigelei on the box, and number 3 is coming from FastTech tomorrow in the mail. So far both the ones I have received are identical to eachother... I almost feel like place number 2 just had a spare box laying around and shoved my clone in there since it fit as I have not seen the same clone from Sigelei anywhere else on the web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread