Considering a Reo Mini 2.1: Battery / Resistance / Amperage Considerations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfisher

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2013
Springfield, Ohio, USA
Hey Everyone,

I'm considering purchasing a Reo Mini 2.1 and therefore doing a little research.

I've noted that Rob recommends an AW IMR 14500 battery for use with the Reo Mini 2.1. The specifications for this particular battery suggest that it can support a maximum voltage of 4.2 V and can support a maximum discharge current of 4 A.

I'm primarily worried about the maximum discharge current specification. If my calculations are correct, then I should not attempt to use a resistance below 1.05 ohm. This, I think, will be alright. I'm not (as of yet) particularly interested in sub-ohm vaping. I just want to be sure that I'm operating the device safely and within specifications.

I'm thinking about using a 1.5 ohm coil in order to obtain about 9 W of power at the Nominal Voltage 3.7 V.

Does this sound alright? Am I missing anything?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Hey Everyone, I'm considering purchasing a Reo Mini 2.1 and therefore doing a little research. I've noted that Rob recommends an AW IMR 14500 battery for use with the Reo Mini 2.1. The specifications for this particular battery suggest that it can support a maximum voltage of 4.2 V and can support a maximum discharge current of 4 A. I'm primarily worried about the maximum discharge current specification. If my calculations are correct, then I should not attempt to use a resistance below 1.05 ohm. This, I think, will be alright. I'm not (as of yet) particularly interested in sub-ohm vaping. I just want to be sure that I'm operating the device safely and within specifications. I'm thinking about using a 1.5 ohm coil in order to obtain about 9 W of power at the Nominal Voltage 3.7 V. Does this sound alright? Am I missing anything?
The Mini 2.1 uses a 18490 battery. The Mini, which is no longer in production, took the 14500. I use a coil as low as .85 on mine. Usually I run around 1.1. With the upgraded contacts in all REO's you will not have any problem going sub-ohm if you choose. I will let someone that knows lots about batteries handle your question of safe range.

bfisher

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2013
Springfield, Ohio, USA
The Mini 2.1 uses a 18490 battery. The Mini, which is no longer in production, took the 14500. I use a coil as low as .85 on mine. Usually I run around 1.1. With the upgraded contacts in all REO's you will not have any problem going sub-ohm if you choose. I will let someone that knows lots about batteries handle your question of safe range.

Ah, thanks for the quick reply. I was just glancing through the user manuals for the Reos and noticed the specifications for the mini. I didn't realize that the battery had changed for the 2.1. For some reason I'm never able to reach the REO Mini information section on the website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread