Contacting JOYETECH for Customer Service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DampMop

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2015
Bedford, England
I've head great results with joyetech UK.

For the USA, instead of waiting for an e-mail back, I'd just call :)

1 855-569-3168, toll free apparently.
From here: https://joyetech.us/

According to the US site, the warranty is 180 days when bought from them, and 90 days bought from someone else.
https://joyetech.us/warranty-terms.html

It might be worth contacting the retailer you bought it from too. I'd hope they'd replace a faulty piece, though I'm not sure if you have those 'fit for purpose' sales laws in the USA.

It sucks you're having leaky problems, really enjoying my Ego ONE so far. I hope you get it fixed soon!

Last edited:

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
Ego one atomizer is a very common and basic design. Normal leaking issues are due to new user errors.

What steps have you taken to check and correct?

I've tried very very very carefully checking the threading on all threaded parts, including the coil.
I've swapped out the .5 for the 1.0, thinking maybe it was that coil.
I've tried different ejuice/eliquid consistencies and make ups (thick oil, thin oil, PG/VG blend ratios).
I've also taken it to two different shops and they said that the threading was bad on it (both shops agreed without my saying what the previous shop found).

Edited to add:
I've also tried cleaning all of the threaded parts with a lint free cloth with a tiny bit of vodka on it; I thought maybe something was gooed up inside the threading keepng it from closing all of the way.

Its leaking straight out of the airflow intake, I'm talking draining alllll of the way out.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Has anyone had any luck contacting Joyetech's customer service?

I have this atty from the eGo1 kit that leaks like crazy and I'd really like to see about getting it fixed and/or replaced.
I've emailed them twice now with NO response! :mad:

Did you purchase it directly from Joyetech?

Otherwise, Joyetech is well known for giving their distributors/vendors WARRANTIES on their products, which the vendor is supposed to pass on to you.

If you did not buy directly from Joyetech, then you need to contact your vendor, because they should stand behind the product since Joyetech stands behind them.

when I first started vaping, I found this out, having to return Ego twists (genuine) to vendor that stopped working the first week. Both vendors were good ones, and of course took my return.

Otherwise, can you imagine if every time somebody had a problem with lets say a Kanger product, they called and emailed Kanger?

The vendor buys wholesale and marks it up, makes a profit. They are the ones who should be taking care of you if you were their customer. I know for a fact that they are receiving the Joyetech warranty.

If you did buy directly at Joyetech USA website, then disregard above. :)

Last edited:

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
First of all, congratulations on making the decision to leave ciggies in the dust. :) Joyetech is a great company. Give them a call. Have you called the store you bought from?

But first, let's look at your problem with the Ego-One. Your kit comes with one 0.5ohm coil and one 1.0ohm coil. You described the attny leaking out of the side airhole with a 0.5ohm coil.

You may find this article in Spinfuel helpful. Joyetech eGo ONE Review - Spinfuel eMagazine The review explains how the 0.5ohm coil is designed for the hobby vaper, who inhales directly into the lungs and is looking for increased vapor. So the 0.5ohm coil is designed to allow more eliquid to be pulled into it than a 1.0ohm coil. The 1.0ohm coil is designed for the newly-former smoker, who vapes the way they smoked, by inhaling first into the mouth, and then into the lungs, using a weaker 'puff' than a 'lung puller'. The design of the 1.0ohm allows less eliquid to be pulled into it. Trying to mouth-inhale with a 0.5ohm coil designed for lung-inhale will result in flooding just as much as a bad connection. You intuitively solved the problem yourself, by purchasing a higher ohm replacement coil.

hope this helps :) and, welcome to ECF !

WinkWink726

Mar 17, 2015
Pgh Area, PA
But first, let's look at your problem with the Ego-One. Your kit comes with one 0.5ohm coil and one 1.0ohm coil. You described the attny leaking out of the side airhole with a 0.5ohm coil.

hope this helps :) and, welcome to ECF !

I'm actually having trouble with both coils leaking :(
I tried swapping them out and I'm having the same problem with both, unfortunately; sorry if that was unclear earlier :(

Anyhow, thank you for the help, I do prefer lung inhales, but I'm going to go read that article! Thank you! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread