Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I have been in these forums for about 6 months just lookingaround. A special thanks to everyone whohas taken their time to provide thoughtful information to this forum. As I learn more, I will be giving back tothis community things I have learned along the way to being smoke free.
vaping has been a game changer in my life. I chewed nicotine gum for 3+ years. It worked for the most part. I would be that guy whose friends would bringextra smokes when we went out because they knew I would bum from them. I am happy to say that those days are over.
I have been vaping for 4 months and I have not had a single cigarettesince I started. Even better, I have onlyhad very controllable wants for a cigarette. Like I said, vaping has changed my life. I believed so much in this product that I started a brick and mortarstore (we opened 2 weeks ago). I am notgoing to mention it because this is not an advertisement.
My question – Can I legally use the words from the posts inthis forum as marketing material? If so,do I have to site my source?
I plan on citing when it makes sense. For example, I love reading thetestimonials. I would like to use themto put together some form of a testimonial book together and I would cite eachtestimonial. However, I would like topull text directly from this forum as strict advertising also, I would notalways want to cite these words.
Thanks again for everyone’s posts. You have been most helpful!!!! - srfrog

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My question – Can I legally use the words from the posts inthis forum as marketing material? If so,do I have to site my source?
I plan on citing when it makes sense. For example, I love reading thetestimonials. I would like to use themto put together some form of a testimonial book together and I would cite eachtestimonial. However, I would like topull text directly from this forum as strict advertising also, I would notalways want to cite these words.

Email a moderator and ask them. Look at the blue horizontal bar close to the top of this page and find 'contacts'. Then just pick the right person to contact and you're off :thumb:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
"For the purposes of this agreement, "material" means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on the Website, whether copyright of EC Forum Limited or a third party.

All material on this website provided by EC Forum Limited is the property and copyright of EC Forum Limited or their respective copyright owners. You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights in and relating to EC Forum Limited are vested in EC Forum Limited. You must not use, reproduce, modify or distribute any text or images on www.e-cigarette-forum.com or E Cigarette Forum • Index page or any other web site or other source provided by EC Forum Limited or any part of that text or images in any manner whatsoever without the express prior written permission of EC Forum Limited."

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
However, I would like to pull text directly from this forum as strict advertising also, I would not always want to cite these words.
The vaping market is rife with crooks, forgeries and blatant criminal theft of intellectual and physical properties. People who pay attnetion to these things will label you a crook literally overnight, and spread it like wildfire... if you are not completely transparent and above board. Something to consider.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
And that solves this one. Nice work Vapoor eyes er!

Thank you kindly Ryedan. All that research when I was about to become a Vendor sometimes seems like it was a waste of time. Prolly would've happened except Adam/ Canvape opened up shop and began selling quality gear at a reasonable price so there was no need and I'm in a happy place thanks to Adam, Tom and crew...at my age don't really know if I could handle the hours they put in :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread