Could someone please review my ecig setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hancawk

Oct 26, 2013
California
I am about to purchase an all new ecig setup. i was hoping someone could review it real quick for me and tell me if it looks good. here is what my cart looks like. im ordering from myvaporstore.com. i also am going to buy a dry burner soon.

1. The Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery

2. 3 kanger evod ego clearomizers

3. 10 replacement atomizer heads at 1.8ohms

Screenshot (4).jpg

Nytelife

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
North Carolina, NC, USA
Good solid start. Just a recommendation but I would start with lower voltages on the twist and adjust to taste. Start at 3.1 and try it. If you don't like then just move it up a little and try again

I am iffy on the tank. Some do not have a good experience with them. Try a mini vivi nova top coil or just a ce5 to get used to it. Bottom coils have some requirements to get good performance , things you need to adjust to just starting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Hancawk and welcome to ECF.

Nice choice but I recommend getting more than one battery.

Look at this kit--it's fully customizable and well priced. I recommend getting at least one Spinner. You can get two eVods or an eVod and a T3, for example. The spare atomizer heads are sold separately and you should get them.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
Okay thank you ill think about another battery. Also do you dry burn your atomizers or just replace them when they are done? do you recommend me getting a dry burner?

Usually I toss them. I've played around with soaking them overnight in Vodka and dry burning but the results are never as good as a fresh coil.

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I agree with SimianSteam! Good set up, but a back up battery & charger is a must. Take the advice so you don't learn the hard way. The battery should perform most of day without worry. Obviously VV is a nice step up from fixed and is easy to get acclimated with. The EVOD is a great clearo!(I own four) The only drawback is the limited liquid capacity, but you have extra's do no worries!

Subdivisions

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
PA
+10 on the extra battery. I started with basically the same thing except I got the vision 1300 mAH batteries. They'll last all day (and part of the night) with moderate vaping. You need an extra because it takes 3 or 4 hours to recharge and you won't be vaping during that time with 1 battery. The EVOD tanks are decent. Don't use cinnamon or citrus flavors though. They are polycarbonate and will crack or melt. Dry burning doesn't require anything but some knowledge, tweezers and pliers. Look around on here or youtube for instructions. It's pretty easy

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I am about to purchase an all new ecig setup. i was hoping someone could review it real quick for me and tell me if it looks good. here is what my cart looks like. im ordering from myvaporstore.com. i also am going to buy a dry burner soon.

1. The Joye eGo-C Twist Variable Voltage 1000mAh Battery

2. 3 kanger evod ego clearomizers

3. 10 replacement atomizer heads at 1.8ohms

View attachment 266682

This is an excellent starting point ... you should be happy with the set up. The real work will come with finding the right juice flavor, and blend for you ... good luck.

nova_did_it

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Glendale, AZ, USA
Like the setup! definitely 2nd battery is a must! I love EVOD tanks but if you want to not worry about tank cracker juices you could also consider an Aro Pyrex Bottom Coil Tank: ARO Pyrex Bottom Coil Tank

They are just about the same cost as the EVOD tanks but made with glass. However, I don't believe the atomizers are cross compatible with Evod atomizers. But considering I'm thinking of you being cost consciousness I think the Pyrex will be a nice fit.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Awesome "intro" starting point!

1.8Ω - 2.2Ω is the target resistance of coils on unregulated batteries, so with a twist you could go more 2.0Ω-2.8Ω and still get a good vape...trick is to NOT overdrive the boost/buck circuitry that kicks the volts up on the twist (have heard stories of people burning out those small IC's)

Excellent starting point! There are much larger more powerful "workhorse" rigs out...but this is the most tunable and adjustable rig for "beginners" for the most part! Head on over to the library and learn a bit more on the "new" stuff that is out there that makes those twists for the most part almost obsolete

The ECF Library

This chart can help, gives you a mathematical calculation to look at..ultimately your tastebuds and how you vape will determine the sweet spot!

power.jpg

Welcome and Vape On!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread