Create a foundation of affiliated suppliers for research

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Now here's a thought.

I'll probably get shot down in flames for this and maybe someone has already said it anyway.

No one organisation can afford to pay for clinical tests and research so here is the suggestion. Create a foundation that all our suppliers can be members of. Each supplies charges an extra nominated sum for each product they sell, say £1 (1.4225 U.S. Dollars), the money being sent collectively to the 'foundation' which could then fund clinical tests and research. Effectively we the end users would be funding the clinical tests and research by just paying an extra £1 (1.4225 U.S. Dollars) on each product we buy.

We can not carry on living on anecdotes and speculation, in order for Electronic Cigarettes to survive we need hard facts. This could create a way forward and if you like create a list of 'affiliated suppliers'. I'm willing to pay a little bit more if it means that we get the research we need done, what about you?

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I think that is a good suggestion. In concert with the foundation idea is for a group of suppliers to approach a non-profit organization like Consumer Reports. See if they are interested in doing comparison tests like they do for car, etc. It wouldn't be a clinical trial but it might add more acceptance to our new device.

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
nice idea even thou 1.42 us is cheap by it's self. others are already complaing price is to high as it is. i think what we as a community need to do is improve what we got and not make so many different devices even thou they are from the created at the same source. improve the 901 line the 803 line and the rest should be considered misc cause they use the 901 or 803 parts. once we have a great base device that is considered final then we have that compared to the others

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
It would be great if we could work together and set something up for eliquid quality control.

Right to Vape is considering offering an approval system to manufacturers and sellers to recognise that the eliquid has been tested and is thought to be safe.

Anonymous purchases, lab tests and a credible approval system need to be set up. Funding and specific testing issues also need to be considered.

If you have suggestions, want to volunteer to help direct this work or are just interested in following progress you can find out more here - Consumer Affairs

Liberate_Yourself

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
U.S.
www.smokeliberation.com
We have been working on getting this up and running for a short while now, and things are looking really good. I am about to start the NPO in a little bit, and will be informing the community whenever we get some more news and take some more steps in that direction.

Kate, I posted the information on righttovape, but I am not so sure that it is posted in the correct section. What do you think?

Grumpysanta

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2008
Essex, England
Sorry, I just didn't know where to post this thread, I just posted the idea with the hope that some interest would be sparked. I was interested to see what the general consensus of opinion would be. As I wrote earlier, I think the only way forward is basically to join forces and collect together the money to fund the research we require. I still think that the source of income should come from the end users like me as that would be the quickest way to generate the money required. I know some people may be against the idea so that was why I posted it. So far very few people have responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread