Day 9 and no Analogs…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroicon

Oct 14, 2013
Michigan
First time poster here so I thought I should give some background information.

My name is Matt, 38 Year old from Southeastern Michigan. I have been a 25 Year Smoker with about a 2 pack a day Marlboro Menthol habit. I always wanted to quit but felt very powerless. Tried a few things, Patches, Gum, Medication, Hypnosis to name a few and they never really seemed to work.

However on Oct. 5th 2013 I had my last Analog when I picked up a Puff E-Cig. (Not the disposable type but the tank Style)
I have since graduated from that to a joyetech Evic with a Kanger Protank. I also now have 3 EGO 1100 Twists all with Kanger Protanks.
Still working out all the bugs, burnt taste from time to time, Optimal Voltage, Oms, Watts strength of Nicotine, PG, VG…What flavors do I really like now that I have Taste Buds again.

I’m very grateful that I was introduced to vaping, It has changed my life. Thanks to everyone that is part of this community for sharing your experiences, knowledge and most of all your testimonials that inspired me to give up the Cigarette habit.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Welcome to ECF and good to hear your off analogs. I also have an evic and a pro tank 2. Like them both a lot.

Check out the ohm/volt chart for the right settings. image.jpg

There is also an evic forum too. eVic

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
Does that craving for smoking subside more over time or does it remain constant? So far everything seems to be working out well, I just hope it stays this way.

I think most people experience a rough time during certain "triggers" - after meals, while drinking, out with friends - whatever. The trick is to find a set-up that is consistent, a juice you enjoy, and to always have it on you. All those factors will help you replace the cigarettes.

bottomofthemap

Unresolved Status
Dec 28, 2012
Miami, Fl.
The one thing that must remain constant is the reminder that tobacco kills. For me, that's all I need in order to pick smoking a leaf of grass over tobacco. Heck, with over 4000 chemicals in tobacco, I'd rather smoke a can of Pringles...lol

Other than that, I have never craved a cigarette or cigar since the first day that I started back in December after 10 years of on and off again smoking. Why, you ask? It's a mind thing. Just having something in my hand and getting smoke/nicotine out of it does the trick for me. The pluses majorly outweigh the minuses. You've already made the first step. Major step. Keep it up Matt. Your family will be proud of you. Also, if you have kids, just think about being there to see them graduate as opposed to being honorably mentioned. Motivation is key.

Congrats! - 9 months here and took a hit off the wife's cigarette about a month ago and now I COMPLETELY understand comments like: "it taste like licking an ash tray." I was a smoker for over 30 years and only "successfully" stopped for 6 months. I have 0 cravings for a cigarette but I do use vaping to fulfill the nicotine cravings. So far, so good! I hope you much success!

Jen-a

Aug 20, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Congrats to you!

I am at the 60 day mark of not smoking and the first week for me was the toughest as I broke my rituals. I still get the urge about once a week when I am leaving work for no reason other than I always smoked on my drive home from work. I typically call my husband and tell him "tell me not to go buy cigarettes". He does and then tells me to vape like a mad woman on my drive home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread