DFW Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
DFW Vapor is local for me so I have tried several of their flavors. I chose these flavors based on “customer” reviews, but after trying to post my review on a couple of juices, it became obvious
DFW doesn’twant the truth to be published. If it’s not a 5 star review it won’t be shown.

I havepurchased juice from other venders that didn’t quite live up to the reviews, in my opinion, but they are not afraid of an occasional bad review (thank you MBV).

I realize taste is subjective so rather than go into long reviews I will simply rate each one from 1-10 ( 1 being worst), in my opinion.

Black Honey Tobacco - 1
Broad Street Tobacco - 1
Turkish Tobacco -1
Creamy Vanilla Custard –0 (probably the worst juice I’ve ever tried)
NY Style Cheesecake - 2
Strawberries & Cream- 9
Fresh Red Apples - 5
Lisa's Cotton Candy - 9

Last edited:

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
ergh, yeah-- boyfriend has tried several and I don't think he's managed to get halfway through a small bottle before giving up. The flavorings used, in my opinion based on me watching him smoke them, are just baaad. I'm glad you were able to get at least two favorites out of those though. I know it's a completely different price point for most of their eliquid, but I was REALLY excited (in comparison to being stuck with DFW vapor) to see this place in Ft. Worth: Wild Valley Ecigs

I'm planning on making a special trip in the next month with the boyfriend, perhaps as a special surprise.

Also, hadn't realized it but there's also Euless Vapor. Just a heads up because it's frustrating feeling like DFW vapor is the only brick and mortar around.

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
FYI:

Went to Wild Valley today--

1. The Wild Valley line is changing. I guess their mixer is based out of Florida and for some reason started to change the line and the flavors are completely different. Due to many complaints, they're selling out the remainder of their WV line (not sure if it's the old stuff or the newer stuff) and then they have a local guy they're going to source their house liquid from.

2. They are currently sold out of two of Five Pawns: Gambit, and Bowden's Mate. Obviously they'll be restocking but just an FYI in case you drive out wanting to try the whole line.

3. They are the only store that my boyfriend has gone to that they have the cartos out and specific to each bottle you're sampling. So that way you can screw it on to your unit or use their Ego-C, and use your own tip and try it out-- really fast and easy. I hadn't realized this but all the other ones my boyfriend has gone to, one has to drip each flavor into your drip tip and that's it. So he gave this set-up two thumbs up and wondered why other stores didn't do this.

4. They are no longer carrying Mad Murdock line (which I expected--I already knew that) BUT they do have several bottles remaining of his 710 line. I roughly eyeballed that part of the case and if all the bottles are the same they have around 12+ of the 710 (though who knows at what nic strength. The one remaining bottle of Agent Orange was 10mg and my boyfriend grabbed that.) By the way, the 710 from the bottle smelled DELICIOUS. Chocolatey and coffee-- I get both of those, smooth syrup without too crazy of an over-sugared smell. Didn't taste it, but the sales-lady said that to her it tasted like a tootsie-roll, and I could see how that could be.

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
Glad to see this, was starting to think it was just me. I haven't been vaping long, just a couple of months, and have already stepped into vv/vw, when I probably just needed to find a good juice to go with my ego-c. Has anyone tried the The Vapor Bar? It looks like they have a location at 75 and Virginia.

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
I've tried the Vapor Bar in Rowlett...not impressed

I think the B&M stores should look at a better way for sampling their juice. Having now tried Posh, Vapor Bar, and Good Vapes, it seems that all the juices I tried were burnt. I'm not experienced enough to tell if it was old juice, or a burnt atty., but I have yet to find a local store with any decent juices.

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
I think it's a luxury to be able to sample liquids.
bars don't let you sample a drink before buying
restaurants don't let you sample food without buying
etc., etc

and in my opinion reviews on liquids are useless since people's tastes are so different from one person to another
just my opinion nobody asked for :blink:

TheGirlfriend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Plano TX
A lot of supermarkets though do samples on certain days to try to get new customers who've never bought a certain product to try it and thus hopefully buy it.

I've also had restaurants comp me certain things for free, such as drinks or appetizers if I've never tried them and they want me to buy those things with each return visit. I never ask for comps by the way, but the do happen.

Alcohol bars may not let you sample, but I've had multiple Starbucks (and also Teavana) ask me if I want a free sample to help me decide when I'm asking questions about one of their products I've never had before.

How do you choose your eLiquids and which companies to try out? Not jumping on you at all, I'm just fascinated by this idea that people just go around ignoring reviews and just ordering willy-nilly, and somehow don't waste a lot of money doing so.

texasguy4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Wylie, TX
I think it's a luxury to be able to sample liquids.
bars don't let you sample a drink before buying
restaurants don't let you sample food without buying
etc., etc

and in my opinion reviews on liquids are useless since people's tastes are so different from one person to another
just my opinion nobody asked for :blink:

I hear what you’re saying but, if they are going to offer samples you would think they would want to make them as good as possible

Last edited:

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
A lot of supermarkets though do samples on certain days to try to get new customers who've never bought a certain product to try it and thus hopefully buy it.

I've also had restaurants comp me certain things for free, such as drinks or appetizers if I've never tried them and they want me to buy those things with each return visit. I never ask for comps by the way, but the do happen.

Alcohol bars may not let you sample, but I've had multiple Starbucks (and also Teavana) ask me if I want a free sample to help me decide when I'm asking questions about one of their products I've never had before.

How do you choose your eLiquids and which companies to try out? Not jumping on you at all, I'm just fascinated by this idea that people just go around ignoring reviews and just ordering willy-nilly, and somehow don't waste a lot of money doing so.

that's true about samples in the grocery. as for the other, you must be cuter than me, no one ever offers me samples ;)

willy-nilly, LOL. I did look at reviews for companies (regarding their service) and I started out ordering things I liked to eat. that didn't work out, so I sold or gave those away and went with menthol. then I bought a couple of fruits off the classifieds and I liked those, so I added fruits and then I added unflavored. I don't experiment much any more because I found that I am unlucky and dislike more than I like :(

I hear what you’re saying but, if they are going to offer samples you would think they would want to make them as good as possible

yes I would!

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
FYI:

3. They are the only store that my boyfriend has gone to that they have the cartos out and specific to each bottle you're sampling. So that way you can screw it on to your unit or use their Ego-C, and use your own tip and try it out-- really fast and easy. I hadn't realized this but all the other ones my boyfriend has gone to, one has to drip each flavor into your drip tip and that's it. So he gave this set-up two thumbs up and wondered why other stores didn't do this.

I'm from Plano as well.

The Vapor Bar does this and so does Wicked Hot Vapes. Wicked Hot Vapes is in Plano is probably the best of the B&M shops I've tried out. They have all their flavors set out in Kanger T3s that you can just screw onto your battery and try out.

If you've ever had FuZion's Unicorn Blood, WHV has the flavor "Unicorn" that tastes eerily similar. Their Green Slime tastes spot on to FuZion's Ectoplasm as well.

DFW Vapor is all about quantity over quality. Theres nothing there that stands out that I couldn't get better anywhere else. Some of their prices are *okay* compared to other local shops though..actually not bad for a B&M. DFW Vapor's flavors are really bad though..

Last edited:

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
if you come up to the denton area (UNT) there are some local B&M here that let you try. I only use one in my area. and they are good. but I just started ordering online.

Yeah, I saw on Google Maps that there was a shop pretty close to UNT. I go to UNT so I gotta check it out when I'm up there for school x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread