Dilutant mixup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I created my first couple test batches, I neglected to;
1: Use a good calculator. I started using e-liquid calculator on the 3'rd and 4th test bottles. Much more in-depth to ratios and percentages with flavors.
2: Forgot to note that my flavors were PG based. After I realized that blunder, I noted the ratios of what was made, to what is should have been.

The target ratio was 80VG/20PG initially. But forgetting about factoring the TFA flavor's PG content in the mix, when I factored that in, it becomes 76/24. but now, I noted that the PG/VG ratio is all out of whack! These batches are still fresh, and have had the cap off for about an hour now to let air bubbles dissipate before I cap and store for a few days.

Problem with the ratio: The PG is 0.81ML high, and the VG is 0.80ML low, how do I correct this?

Should I add the VG, and dilute the PG? Or just let it steep and see how it vapes?
I knew just starting out, it wasn't going to be perfect the first couple of times.

The first 2 test bottles will be a pass/fail due to the calculator I was using, it didn't factor in PG or VG content of the flavors, and I'm fairly certain the measurements for the ingredients were off by a decent margin. And since they were 5ml test bottles, I'm not splitting hairs, it was more or less a test to see how the 2 flavors mixed together.

However the 3rd and 4th bottles were closer to being perfect, which is what I am trying to fix right now.

I've been vaping ever since the 3 piece e-cigs in 2010. Took a break for a while, technology changed so fast, but within the last 2 years I've gotten into the newer stuff, RDA's and mods. I've gotten to the point where juice is expensive, but cheaper to make in the long run, after the initial start up costs of getting a kit and a couple of flavors. Since I drip about 10ML a day, I'm going through just about 1 30ML bottle a week. However, this is my first dive into juice making.

I've been reading the threads on DIY, and it's been very informative, so I've come from out of the shadows to join the community. Thanks for having me, and I hope you can help me until I can move to the regular forums.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
What does it really matter? You're making juice for yourself, right? Dont worry about it, you won't be able to tell the difference.
I make all of my juice max VG. I prefer my nic in pg base because I feel its a more stable mixture....less likely to separate and easier to shake and mix. My flavors are all pg based. I add my nic and flavors, then fill with VG. My juices range from 92%-80% VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread