DIY E-Juice - Adding body to a flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been making my own e-juice for a while and really enjoy it. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to give my juices more bottom end when vaping. For example, I tried to make a pomegranate juice using a pomegranate flavoring from Flavor Apprentice. When I vaped it the flavor "felt" thin, as if there were no body or fullness. The taste was OK but the feeling was very light. I have added other flavors to it to give it the fullness that I am looking for but that also alters the taste away from what I am originally trying for. I know there are flavor enhancers like FA's liquid amber but again that alters the flavor. Is there something out there that adds body to the vape without changing the flavor?

By the way, I usually vape at 70% VG so that shouldn't be much of a factor in this case.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@Hollics, I often use vanillas, creams, and sweetener to bring depth to fruits. I have not tried a single flavor TFA mix, but everything I read indicates that this particular flavoring doesn't always lend itself well being used by itself. Click on my avitar and find my blogs. There are a couple entries that will lead you to the TFA thread in the DIY section. Get a few more posts in, and then you can start posting specific questions over there.

I'll help.... What are some of the other mixes you've made?

Side note, just because you're adding the creams or vanillas doesn't mean that you're going to necessarily taste them, but I find they help. I just made a Honeydew Melon juice over the weekend - there's cream in there, but I don't taste cream, just a sweeter honeydew....

Thanks dc99 and DingerCPA for the quick replies. I have been reading other posts regarding VW as well as TFA's Smooth and Magic Mask. I have tried TFA's Smooth but it did alter the taste a little (to me anyway). I have not tried VW or Magic Mask yet.

Dinger I have tried other "like" flavors such as cherry with the pomegranate and it helped a bit but did not quite do it for me. I have not thought about using a cream or vanilla because normally you would think that would not work. But I am willing to give it a try. I have nothing against experimenting. In fact, some of my accidents have turned out to be some of my best flavors.

I am currently playing with TFA's Fruit Circles (Fruit Loops). Hoping to get a nice Saturday morning cartoons sugar high type of flavor. But that is a little off the subject.

Thanks again for the info. Greatly appreciated!

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
There are some GREAT recipes over in the TFA thread (or find the dropbox from my blog entries). I recall a Fruit Loops recipe, and one of the components was Dulce de Leche - supposed to give that "milk at the bottom of the bowl" sensation. It's on my list to make sometime soon. I love me that sugary-leftover milk from a good kids cereal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread