diy juice flavor%???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_92

May 12, 2015
So I've been vapeing for awhile now. I work part time at a vape shop. I know all about rebuilding. Even gone as far as building a couple box mods. I figured the only thing left to do is take a crack at making my own juice. I went out and ordered a diy starter kit and a few extra flavors. I understand the nic level and pg/vg ratios. The only thing I'm weary about is how much flavoring to use. first time I made 10ml of bavarian cream I used about 14%.. it wasn't bad. But it was off. Anything helps.

MasterofGods

May 12, 2015
So I've been vapeing for awhile now. I work part time at a vape shop. I know all about rebuilding. Even gone as far as building a couple box mods. I figured the only thing left to do is take a crack at making my own juice. I went out and ordered a diy starter kit and a few extra flavors. I understand the nic level and pg/vg ratios. The only thing I'm weary about is how much flavoring to use. first time I made 10ml of bavarian cream I used about 14%.. it wasn't bad. But it was off. Anything helps.
I've heard some people using certain tecniques to get vapejuice from snus, it sounds god awful but one user swore that he got great results from doing it with Camel Snus.

I.. I'm not sure if he can be trusted though, I snus on occassion and Camel Snus is probably one of the worst snuses I've tried

coopergirl94

May 12, 2015
I've been diy my liquid for a while now and a little goes a long way when it comes to the flavorings. When you first mix it won't have a strong flavor, so you'll have to let it steep. It can take the flavor to a new level. I use e liquid calculator for my recipes, maybe that site or any of the other links people have shared could help you a lot

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Where'd the PG, VG and Nic come from?
What brand flavoring?
Did you only try one flavor?

These are all variable - the base ingredients do have a taste, and could be you don't like the one you have!
I've used TFA Bavarian Cream a LOT as ONE flavor in a mix - with a fruit, or with a tobacco, etc - but actually never tried it all by itself...not sure what % would be good.

Smilemoar13

May 12, 2015
If do make my own then I tend to Google around for recipes from others to get an idea of how much I need to use to get a decent flavour and tend tweak it from there.

As others have said start on the low side and work your way up. If you put too much in then you need to start mixing in more vg/pg/nic to maintain the ratios you want and it just gets messy.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Welcome to DIY and best of luck :)

The only thing I'm weary about is how much flavoring to use.

This is largely dependent on which vendors flavor you are using. Part of the fun is finding a flavor from a given vendor which produces the results you are looking for. One size does not fit all and each of us have our favorites. I am partial to FA but that's just me. They are generally "authentic" and very concentrated/strong. For example, here is a preliminary mix (Peach Kick /lol) I'm currently working on but have not finished so I'm still adjusting and tweaking:

FA Peach 3%
FA Cardamon 1%
FA Catalan Cream 2%
FA Brandy 1%

That's a total of 7% which may go up or down very little depending on how the finished mix turns out. I also use CA and TFA for other mixes and in most cases, the total percent of flavors is 12% to around 15%. Finally, it's certainly not unusual to create a mix which contains flavors from two or more vendors.

HTH

:)

Last edited:

ghost_92

May 12, 2015
Thank you all so much. I think I just used a bit too much flavor. I think I'm going to wait for my syringes to get here before I give it another go. I received one flavor (bavarian cream), 60 ml vg, 60 ml pg, and 60 ml 36mg pg. In a sample from rtsvapes.com? I dont think the droppers it came with are very accurate... Got about 8 tfa and 8 fw flavors coming with the starter kit. Super excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread