Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - DIY Capella's Recipe Thread v2.0
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid-Recipes: http*:*//e-liquid-recipes - (Remove *'s - forum automatically striped this link)
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar

Q37

Apr 29, 2015
Oklahoma
For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum. You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Lots of great info in all the "stickies"

Recommended Reading For People New to DYI

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

Nicotine Comparisons <= They don't all taste the same.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread => Also see Bill's Magic Vapor's Blog
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Capella (CAP) - DIY Capella's Recipe Thread v2.0
5. Hangsen (HS) - The Hangsen Thread
6. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2
7. Flavor West (FW) - Flavor West DIY flavor review

DIY Recipe Sites

* E-Liquid Recipes <= Feel free to post your recipes here for all members to enjoy
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid-Recipes: http*:*//e-liquid-recipes - (Remove *'s - forum automatically striped this link)
* UK E-Liquid Recipes
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes
* Reddit Recipes - Read the Sidebar
Thank you so much that helps a ton:)

Reactions: Susan~S

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I'm stalking you!!!!!! :lol:

jk

I started with some LorAnn flavorings and some Capella flavorings. I started reading through the TFA thread and now have a kaboodle load of TFA flavors. I've never used Inawara, but some swear by them.

I think you may come to find that you like certain flavorings by one manufacturer and different flavors by other manufacturers. It's all *YOUR* taste. I would suggest smaller sizes with which to start, until you figure out what you like.

Keep an eye for flavors that are WATER soluble. Those tend to work better than oil-based flavorings.

Pssst - get a couple more posts in and hit the DIY threads!!!!!

Reactions: Susan~S

Q37

Apr 29, 2015
Oklahoma
Ha th
I'm stalking you!!!!!! :lol:

jk

I started with some LorAnn flavorings and some Capella flavorings. I started reading through the TFA thread and now have a kaboodle load of TFA flavors. I've never used Inawara, but some swear by them.

I think you may come to find that you like certain flavorings by one manufacturer and different flavors by other manufacturers. It's all *YOUR* taste. I would suggest smaller sizes with which to start, until you figure out what you like.

Keep an eye for flavors that are WATER soluble. Those tend to work better than oil-based flavorings.

Pssst - get a couple more posts in and hit the DIY threads!!!!!

ha the only two posts i've put up so far you've replied to. My local vape shop uses Flavor West and for some reason it just tastes low quality to me. Wondering if you've used Flavor West or if you've used the Lorann's cheesecake because i've heard it's really good?

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
I have a huge collection of the flavors above -- and I do use them occasionally -- but my top 5 are all from NIC vendors who also sell their concentrates -- check out Nude Nicotine -- they have some really tastey stuff -- my personal fav is their BRY4 and the watermelon mint with a dash extra sweet watermelon is just killer, its okay straight with their mix too -- I just like fruit more than mint.

Another good thing about nude nicotine is that they give you a break with their sampler deal -- get 5 flavors to try at a time in the same shipment as your top quality base and PG/VG :) good luck -- and build / buy an electronic stirrer -- its totally worth it no more shaking the bottles and a few minutes on the mixer and it doesn't need to steep much... or at all depending on the flavour

[Concentrated Flavorings] - Nude Nicotine

Q37

Apr 29, 2015
Oklahoma
I have a huge collection of the flavors above -- and I do use them occasionally -- but my top 5 are all from NIC vendors who also sell their concentrates -- check out Nude Nicotine -- they have some really tastey stuff -- my personal fav is their BRY4 and the watermelon mint with a dash extra sweet watermelon is just killer, its okay straight with their mix too -- I just like fruit more than mint.

Another good thing about nude nicotine is that they give you a break with their sampler deal -- get 5 flavors to try at a time in the same shipment as your top quality base and PG/VG :) good luck -- and build / buy an electronic stirrer -- its totally worth it no more shaking the bottles and a few minutes on the mixer and it doesn't need to steep much... or at all depending on the flavour

[Concentrated Flavorings] - Nude Nicotine
I had never even heard of an electric stirrer. I'll check that stuff out. Thank you:)

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO

Ahh my bad -- I think the correct name is "Magnetic stirrer" but there is electricity ! ;) hahaha
Here is a vid of a guy building one -- I did thing a bit different -- I used a couple hard drive magnets attached to a fan -- printed an enclosure -- and made a PWM ciruit with a AVR/Arduino to control the speed -- but you can control speed with just a Potentiometer too

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Ha th

ha the only two posts i've put up so far you've replied to. My local vape shop uses Flavor West and for some reason it just tastes low quality to me. Wondering if you've used Flavor West or if you've used the Lorann's cheesecake because i've heard it's really good?

I used the LorAnn NY Cheesecake, and it is very good. I have TFA cheesecake now - haven't done much with it yet

Q37

Apr 29, 2015
Oklahoma

Ahh my bad -- I think the correct name is "Magnetic stirrer" but there is electricity ! ;) hahaha
Here is a vid of a guy building one -- I did thing a bit different -- I used a couple hard drive magnets attached to a fan -- printed an enclosure -- and made a PWM ciruit with a AVR/Arduino to control the speed -- but you can control speed with just a Potentiometer too

I might try that. I also learned a little about shellac too ha

Reactions: tehdarkaura

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Q37. Nice to meet you and so glad you are here. Lots of great information in the DIY threads. I did a lot of reading when I first started. Believe me. . . it's easy if I can. There are also a lot of wonderful people around here to help also. Have fun and just make yourself at home.

Reactions: Q37
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread