Diy juice

Status
Not open for further replies.

devon_fang_

Jul 19, 2015
so I'm making my own juices and need help with the nicotine amount. I have everything needed, Pg, Vg, flavor, and 100 mg/ ml nicotine. But I don't really know the right amount to put in a batch. If I'm making a 50 ml bottle that's 80/20 Vg/pg and add about 10% flavor how much nicotine do I add if it's a 100% pg diluted? I don't want to put too much pg in the juice.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I use 100nic base and put the nic into the bottle first.... if I want 25 nic I fill the bottle 25% then add what ever needed to fill the bottle up to create a 25 nic juice,if I want 40 nic.. fill the bottle to 40% with 100nic then top off with the rest of the VG and flavors

Reactions: devon_fang_

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
What I do is take 24ml of 100mg/l nic then add 76mls of Vg. It can be vg or pg whatever you prefer. Though depending on what your nic 100mg is in and what you add to it will determine your end pg/vg ratio , well plus the pg/vg of the flavours you add.

So then I have 100mls of 24mg solution and I use that as a base.
Want to make 100mls of 6mg then I add 25mls of my 24mg base. 24/4 = 6 100/4 = 25
Want to make 100mls of 3mg then I add 12.5mls of the 24mg base. 24/8 = 3 100/8 = 12.5.

You divide the 24 by a number that gets you the nic you want in the end result then divide the amount you want to make by that number.

I just started with 24 because Its evenly divided to get 12 - 6 - 4 -3 mg
Though now I'm at 5.3mg so I use 22.2ml of the 24mg to make 100mls.
24/4.5 = 5.3 100/4.5 = 22.2

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
100mg nic is very convenient because the nic level in mg is equal to the percentage of 100mg nic concentrate you need.

For example, for 3mg nic level, for 100ml total juice, you add 3ml of the nic concentrate. For 50ml you would add 1.5ml. Even if you use a juice calculator, which is highly recommended, it is good to know this ratio as a sanity check. You know what they say, garbage in garbage out.

Last edited:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
100mg nic is very convenient because the nic level in mg is equal to the percentage of 100mg nic concentrate you need.

For example, for 3mg nic level, for 100ml total juice, you add 3ml of the nic concentrate. For 50ml you would add 1.5ml. Even if you use a juice calculator, which is highly recommended, it is good to know this ratio as a sanity check. You know what they say, garbage in garbage out.
Yes, calculators are great if you do not make a mistake. Do not make a mistake with nicotine! You'd better have some idea how much nic you need to put in your juice BEFORE you start to use a calculator - just as @VNeil said.

Mogar

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Dallas TX
I will (I guess) be the first to put up a caution flag. If you are new to DYI, please be very careful on the 100mg strength nic. Wear gloves if nothing else as even a drop on the side of the bottle or syringe that contacts your skin can make you sick. Always work in a well ventilated area and in a clean environment that can be completely cleaned before and after.
and ya use a juice calc they are great!

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I will (I guess) be the first to put up a caution flag. If you are new to DYI, please be very careful on the 100mg strength nic. Wear gloves if nothing else as even a drop on the side of the bottle or syringe that contacts your skin can make you sick.

Nonsense.

100mg juice has 100mg per ml. A single drop is about 5% of a ml, so a single drop will only contain 5mg of nicotine. Now, in order for all of that nicotine to get into your system you would have to let that drop sit there on your skin until it dried. You'll get a bigger dose of nicotine from getting a single drop of 24mg juice in your mouth from a spitting clearo than you will from getting a couple of drops of 100mg nic base on your skin.

If you happen to get a drop or even a couple of drops on your skin and wipe it off with a damp cloth or paper towel sometime within the next minute or two you won't notice a thing. It's no where near enough to make you sick. Drinking a ml or two would certainly make you sick, but who is dumb enough to drink a full ml or more of nic base?

Always work in a well ventilated area and in a clean environment that can be completely cleaned before and after.
and ya use a juice calc they are great!

Can't argue with being clean. Before, during, and after. Keep a damp cloth or damp paper towel handy and wipe up any leaks or spills as soon as they happen. Keep your mixing container right next to the ingredients that you're working with so you don't have to move a bottle or syringe more than an inch or two between containers. Only open a container when you're ready to use it and immediately seal it when your done. Only work with one ingredient at a time and seal and set aside one ingredient before you move to the next ingredient. It's easy to minimize accidents and risks by simply spending a few extra seconds while preparing and mixing.

I also keep a couple of paper towels next to where I'm mixing and set each syringe on top of it when I'm finished with that syringe. I use a clean syringe for each ingredient and never put the same syringe into two different bottles. That prevents cross contamination and also minimizes mess and cleanup. Once I'm done I can simply take all of the syringes wrapped in the paper towels to be cleaned and don't leave any mess behind on the table where I was mixing.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Nonsense.

100mg juice has 100mg per ml. A single drop is about 5% of a ml, so a single drop will only contain 5mg of nicotine. Now, in order for all of that nicotine to get into your system you would have to let that drop sit there on your skin until it dried. You'll get a bigger dose of nicotine from getting a single drop of 24mg juice in your mouth from a spitting clearo than you will from getting a couple of drops of 100mg nic base on your skin.

If you happen to get a drop or even a couple of drops on your skin and wipe it off with a damp cloth or paper towel sometime within the next minute or two you won't notice a thing. It's no where near enough to make you sick. Drinking a ml or two would certainly make you sick, but who is dumb enough to drink a full ml or more of nic base?

Can't argue with being clean. Before, during, and after. Keep a damp cloth or damp paper towel handy and wipe up any leaks or spills as soon as they happen. Keep your mixing container right next to the ingredients that you're working with so you don't have to move a bottle or syringe more than an inch or two between containers. Only open a container when you're ready to use it and immediately seal it when your done. Only work with one ingredient at a time and seal and set aside one ingredient before you move to the next ingredient. It's easy to minimize accidents and risks by simply spending a few extra seconds while preparing and mixing.

I also keep a couple of paper towels next to where I'm mixing and set each syringe on top of it when I'm finished with that syringe. I use a clean syringe for each ingredient and never put the same syringe into two different bottles. That prevents cross contamination and also minimizes mess and cleanup. Once I'm done I can simply take all of the syringes wrapped in the paper towels to be cleaned and don't leave any mess behind on the table where I was mixing.

Excellent advice! The only time I bother with gloves anymore is if, during the decanting of a 120ml bottle into 30ml glass bottles, I happen to spill some or it dribbles down the side of the bottle; otherwise I don't bother with gloves, and yes, I've had a little 100mg nic on my fingers, and no it won't make you sick if you rinse it away; I think I've heard it's best to use cold water than warm, because warm will open your pores and makes absorption thru the skin easier/more likely.

Also excellent points about a tidy work area, and having only one thing open at a time, then capping it and moving it aside when you're done with it; a further point would be, go down your recipe in order as printed, to reduce potential confusion about what you've added -- hence the moving-aside of the flavors as you finish with them.

Also, be sure that all the tools you need are available to hand, and any recipe items that are pre-mixed (such as ethyl maltol, though there are others) are already mixed, fully dissolved, and ready to use, before starting on the recipe; it saves a lot of confusion and potential mishaps.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread