Do I have Battery problems or a broken battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronfiveo

Aug 21, 2015
I just bought the " Budget Zee Kit" from Zee Cigs out of Austin , Texas.

The first two days was OK and a huge learning process (inhaling lol), but last night
when I went to take a draw (hit) the button just flashed red and no vapor. I took this to mean that the battery needed charging.
I charged it over night and when I took a hit in the morning the button instead of being a " white" color was now "red" and after only a couple of hits it started flashing red again with no vapor.

The kit came with a vaporizer , 5 heating elements, and the battery along with a case and the USB charging cord. There was no user manual supplied whether that was an omission or just what it is I don't know.

The battery is an eGo-C.

Any help you all can give will be greatly appreciated !

:)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Couple hits then won't work sounds more like an atomizer issue to me. Looking at the 'budget zee cigs kit' you would have gotten 2 atomizers with it. Did you try switching them?

Probably this. :thumb:

Blinking fire button means one of two things: Battery is low on a charge, or the atomizer (tank) has a short.

Try replacing the coil head in the tank. Prime the coil/wick properly ("primer puffs") prior to using the batteriy's fire button.

ronfiveo

Aug 21, 2015
I think I'd take it back to them and ask. It does sound like the battery didn't charge for some reason. Bad charger, maybe. Or could be a bad battery.

I talked to the store in Austin and he had me try a couple of things and found that it changed nothing.
He is going to send me a new battery and I will send the old one back to him.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I talked to the store in Austin and he had me try a couple of things and found that it changed nothing.
He is going to send me a new battery and I will send the old one back to him.
Good. Glad to hear you found a reputable shop.

Reactions: ronfiveo

ronfiveo

Aug 21, 2015
Couple hits then won't work sounds more like an atomizer issue to me. Looking at the 'budget zee cigs kit' you would have gotten 2 atomizers with it. Did you try switching them?

It came with 6 coils, one in the clear-o-mizer and five replacement coils.
I did think that it might be the coil (heating element) and did switch them out but it solved nothing.

ronfiveo

Aug 21, 2015
Probably this. :thumb:

Blinking fire button means one of two things: Battery is low on a charge, or the atomizer (tank) has a short.

Try replacing the coil head in the tank. Prime the coil/wick properly ("primer puffs") prior to using the batteriy's fire button.

Yes I did try that for sure and made sure to give it a few primer puffs to make sure there was liquid around the coil before I turned it on. I have been reading that not priming the coil is one sure way to burn out the coil a lot faster if not immediately .

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread