Do you find that tobacco flavors actually taste like tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomas.egnoto

Jun 21, 2013
Syracuse, NY
I vape tobacco flavors almost exclusively so far. The thing is, when I really think about it, I don't think any of them actually taste like tobacco. I like tobacco juices, but they usually taste like vanilla, or caramel, or some other kind of sweet nutty plant to me.

On the flip side, if you ask me to describe what tobacco smoke tastes like.. I don't think I'd know what to tell you. Cigs always smell like raisins to me before they're lit, but as I smoking them... They just kind of taste like... Smoke? I'm not sure I'd even want a vape that tasted exactly like cigs, but I'm curious as to how things like graham and nuttiness and caramel came to be considered "tobacco" flavors.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
I inquired a lot early on when I was frustrated that I couldn't find a tobacco that's tasted like cigg's
Mainly told over and over you cant replicate burning tobacco because there is no burning in vapor
However I felt pretty satisfied with halo Tribeca at the time

with that experience I searched for additional flavs. I feel like sweet Flavs that are not tobacco
don't scratch the same itch. That's not to say I don't enjoy other flav's but and more so early on,
need that extra from time to time throughout the day

Now Ive seen recently review of some flav's that are supposed to taste just like a cigg
but I am not as interested as before

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
So why don't they use natural cigarette tobacco without all the crap and get rid of the sweet maple taste
or whatever it is that causes the sweet taste.

Can't be that hard to do..or is it ?

This is a good question. From what I've read you rely need to be using natural bacco extract to come close and even then more like pipe bacco.

Last edited:

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
I vape strictly tobacco e-juices. They don't taste like cigarettes, but at this point (13 months off analogs) I really don't want them to taste like cigs. I much prefer the rich natural tobacco taste, sometimes mixed with other flavors. Most recently, I'm onto the NET's as well. I am trying some of these vendors:

Heather's Heavenly Vapes
Vermillion River
Ahlusion
The Vapor Chef
Good E Juice

You might have a look at some of those. The "NET's" are wonderful imo. JD

Last edited:

martialmedia

Jan 20, 2012
McKinney, TX

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
While I haven't tried it, I think some juices from Ahlusion may be your best bet for tasting like actual tobacco.

I really enjoyed GoodEJuices tobacco flavors. They extract their own tobaccos in house. Really spectacular vendor. I cannot say enough good things about them. They also are very competitive with their prices.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I'm not sure if vermillion river is a true NET but it sure tastes like it is. It's my fave so far but I have more samples coming in. I got burned out on sweets and bakeries. Yea they taste good but the flavors get boring over time.

I got a 6 pack sampler of VR and instantly fell in love with ky4 and cherrywood. regular ky and applewood were great as well. I have an 60ml order arriving today.

Get a free sample of kentucky or ky4 and try it. The same tobacco flavor is used in their kentucky lineup so if you like one you will like them all. I find the smooth crisp tobacco flavor on the front and just a touch of lingering sweetness on the exhale to be a perfect combo. I vaped 4 tanks in a row of my samples. Never done that with any other vendor. But taste vary widely so getting a little free bottle is the smart way to go.

Jim Diamond

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
North Texas
I'm not sure if vermillion river is a true NET but it sure tastes like it is. It's my fave so far but I have more samples coming in. I got burned out on sweets and bakeries. Yea they taste good but the flavors get boring over time.

I got a 6 pack sampler of VR and instantly fell in love with ky4 and cherrywood. regular ky and applewood were great as well. I have an 60ml order arriving today.

Get a free sample of kentucky or ky4 and try it. The same tobacco flavor is used in their kentucky lineup so if you like one you will like them all. I find the smooth crisp tobacco flavor on the front and just a touch of lingering sweetness on the exhale to be a perfect combo. I vaped 4 tanks in a row of my samples. Never done that with any other vendor. But taste vary widely so getting a little free bottle is the smart way to go.

I agree, Bob. I'm vaping the plain Kentucky Premium Blend as we speak. I really want to try the KY4. I also have a small sample of K-Max at home that I haven't tried yet. JD

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
I agree, Bob. I'm vaping the plain Kentucky Premium Blend as we speak. I really want to try the KY4. I also have a small sample of K-Max at home that I haven't tried yet. JD

lol- I'm vaping cherrywood as we speak. KY4 is not a ry4'alike. It's wonderful. Pure kentucky blend flavor with subtle undertones of very lightly sweet caramel/vanilla. People looking for a sweet ry4 will be disappointed. If you like the ky blend I can't imagine you not liking ky4.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
As many have said, for true tobacco flavor (usually extracted from tobacco) stick with NETs. Lots of affordable vendors, and many have been mentioned. Here are a few more: Backwoods Brews, Mountain Oak Vapor, N-E-T.com, MyvapeJuice, Quick nic.

Also, that peppery tobacco flavor is mostly in artificial flavorings, which most places use, unless they mention NETs or TA (Tobacco Absolute). Then their is the Whole Tobacco Alkaloids (WTA) which is controversial, but helpful to those when nicotine is not enough.

My favorites are Good E Juice, Heather's heavenly Vapes, and the lab baccos of Halo.

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's been done. Pure Smoke from W2V or Patriot as posted earlier. There are a few more from different vendors but almost all of them are NETS.

So why don't they use natural cigarette tobacco without all the crap and get rid of the sweet maple taste
or whatever it is that causes the sweet taste.

Can't be that hard to do..or is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread