Does anybody else vape while riding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
I never would have been able to do this with cigarettes. I just discovered the joy of vaping while riding my motorcycle. Whenever I tried to smoke on my motorcycle (I don't have a fairing or windscreen), the wind would just blow hot ashes into my face and try to suffocate my cigarette. I wouldn't realize when it burned all the way down and it would charr my gloves. Then, I would litter because my bike didn't come with an ashtray. It's pretty much impossible to light one up while riding, so smoking on the bike was a rarity. I used to take smoke breaks, having to pull over somewhere and it was lame.

vaping solves all of that. It's all about the neckring/holster. (sorry for not having a long intro)

"My arms are wheels, my legs are wheels, the blood is pavement"

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Ride safe man, I don't ride a motorcycle sadly, but I've looked into a supermoto or sportbike instead of driving a car everywhere. I always avoided getting a motorcycle, especially since where I live are a ton of tourists that don't pay attention.
I would vape however, if I had a motorcycle. I'd probably use my Reo since that thing can be thrown on the ground and still work.

Reactions: Kanger Banger

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
If you drop the bike because you were preoccupied vaping, you'll realize why vaping and riding is like driving while talking on a cell phone.
(However, sans helmet you'll be lucky if you live to vape again.)
Please be careful.
Ride safe.
Vape safe.

It's not really any different than smoking while driving, is it? It's nothing like a cell phone. As far as helmets, I just don't hit my head on things when I'm not wearing one.

I appreciate your concern though. I hear all the horror stories, but those people just don't know how to crash properly. Helmets are like a five pound weight to ensure you land on your head, like a badminton birdie.

183185748-0660c0ea30-jpg.jpg

Maybe I'll rig up some tubing, like a long straw, to vape with a helmet some day.

Reactions: Fuzzy Bruce

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I'm not give ya flak, just making an observation of your posted video.

I ride too( not so much lately).

There isn't a "proper way to crash".
If you crash you aren't doing it right.
:)

I personally wouldn't vape and ride or ride without a helmet.
Drivers of large automobiles are as unpredictable as a heard of rhinos, and apparently have worse vision when it comes to bikes.
I T-Boned a Buick that ran a stop sign once while riding my Suzuki.

That said, it looks like you have a nice place to ride.
I'd be out every clear day if I were you.

Reactions: Kanger Banger

Kanger Banger

Apr 22, 2015
USA
If you crash you aren't doing it right.
:)

I learned how to crash well with bicycles. I think we both know that they're inevitable, even when you're doing everything right . . . Well, as right as you can. Like riding through oil when it's raining. It's slippery and hard to see when the streets are wet.

What's that old saying? "it's not IF you go down, it's WHEN you go down" something like that.

I feel invincible when I wear a helmet. I ride faster, lean harder, and take more chances. They're good for rain and bugs though, and sun . . . and when it's cold. I love my helmet, don't get me wrong. I just need to rig up one of these for my vaporizer:

hgu33istructor.jpg

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
If you drop the bike because you were preoccupied vaping, you'll realize why vaping and riding is like driving while talking on a cell phone.
(However, sans helmet you'll be lucky if you live to vape again.)
Please be careful.
Ride safe.
Vape safe.
HUH???? You stay on your Can-am Spyder! :w00t:

Reactions: RavenZ

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I always smoked on my Harley's. First thing I did on both was install a cigarette lighter. Now my vape machines sit on my fairing in my old leather cigarette pouch. Vaping is easier on a bike than smoking. CHEERS!

Yep! Exactly. I keep mine in the fairing on the Geezer Glide as well.

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
I don't really have a place on my bike to put my mod, but the small horizontal pockets on the front of my vest work good. I don't use a lanyard; I guess it doesn't seem "cool". I haven't had a close call yet while holding my mod, but if it ever comes down to dropping my bike or dropping my mod it'll be bye bye Provari.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I don't really have a place on my bike to put my mod, but the small horizontal pockets on the front of my vest work good. I don't use a lanyard; I guess it doesn't seem "cool". I haven't had a close call yet while holding my mod, but if it ever comes down to dropping my bike or dropping my mod it'll be bye bye Provari.

Chains, man, Chains! Somebody gonna need a beatin' sooner or later and it'll be handy. And a tough looking mod-

modI34.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: WorksForMe
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread