Does the resistence of a clearomizer demand a specific voltage or can you raise it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

p7willm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2014
Lansdale, PA, USA
Higher wattage, higher volts for the same resistance, will be harder on the coil.

The major reason for using a variable voltage/wattage device is to get the power level you like best. Do you think the additional expense of replacing coils more often is worth the difference in taste or vapor production or whatever? You are the only one who can decide for yourself.

The cost of coils, for me, is nothing compared to the total cost of vaping. I like vw.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm wondering because I don't want to spend extra money on a vv/vw battery if I can't raise the volts for a better throat hit without causing damage to the clearomizer or it's coils. I took an electronics class in high school but remember absolutely nothing about it.

You can both raise or lower the voltage (within a certain range, of course) you use with any coil to achieve the wattage that best suits you. That's the beauty of variable voltage devices. With a set resistance and set voltage, you're forever stuck with one wattage only. And it's all about wattage. :D More on the subject, if you want to know more:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...171-best-resistance-coil-vv.html#post14314739

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread