Status
Not open for further replies.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I do find it only when Im using VG for sure.. and at 3.7 vaping. When I vape it at 5 or 6v not so much.. I think its just VG thatisnt completely getting atomized. And I know many will say its because your detoxing from cigs but I dont think so as its been a long time since I detoxed.. Lol

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I don't know, but I've been vaping for about a month and a half and still get phlegm. I've even woke up in the middle of the night with my throat tickled because I had the phlegm buildup. Don't know if it's the cig stuff going away, but I still do smoke about 1-5 analogs a day, so who knows?

Reactions: David Wolf

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I could be a simple as the cold that everybody has now, and is totally unrelated to vaping. Four people in my house alone, have a cold.

OR

I know that after quitting analogs, people tend to cough up tons of horrid stuff for a couple of weeks as your lungs clear themselves out.

It could be either of those things or something else entirely. There is a subforum here about vaping and health issues.

Hope you feel better.

~A

Faceless

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2009
Texas
I do find it only when Im using VG for sure.. and at 3.7 vaping. When I vape it at 5 or 6v not so much.. I think its just VG thatisnt completely getting atomized. And I know many will say its because your detoxing from cigs but I dont think so as its been a long time since I detoxed.. Lol

I agree with the detox! Seems like vaping is having a personal humidifier. Icoughed up crap when I first started, must have been my body healing from not smoking. I breathe better, feel better, taste better, smell better, and no phlegm. I vape VG 26mg.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
I agree with the detox! Seems like vaping is having a personal humidifier. Icoughed up crap when I first started, must have been my body healing from not smoking. I breathe better, feel better, taste better, smell better, and no phlegm. I vape VG 26mg.

I stopped smoking Analogs over three years ago and just started vaping on December 31st of this year... I vape all day and it's O phlegm for me.... ;)

also zero coughing.... zero sinuses..... it's like I'm doing 'nothing' to my body... except I have the nicotene I needed to keep from being depressed and I'm dropping the extra weight from the upped metabolism...

*** for me.... Vaping is all good...... :thumbs:

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
I had loads of phlegm while smoking, tapered off during the transition to vaping until I was clear. However, it's started coming back, not much, quite light and only slightly slimey, but still phlegm.

A couple of times recently I've woken up during the night and felt that nasty "I'm clear and breathing freely and deeply, but I'm not getting enough oxygen in and am short of breath" feeling. I developed emphysema while smoking which is permanent damage to the alveoli so my lungs are a bit iffy and VERY sensitive e.g. a bunch of people inhaled some dust, everyone else was fine but I had to go see my doctor 'cause I thought the end was nigh.

Vaping liquid is oily and I suspect it can hinder oxygen transfer when it recondenses in the lungs. I've carried on with my emphysema medication and I reckon that's what's bringing out the, what I shall christen, 'e-phlegm'.

The negetive effects of vaping on the lungs are no doubt a fraction of those caused by smoking and younger and healthier lungs will not even notice them, but in my experience, they still exist. I'm very, very thankful to have given up smoking through vaping, but I realise I'm going to have to start cutting back on vaping in the near future as well.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
In 11 days I will be at 2 months vaping exclusively. Before I quit smoking I was constantly clearing my throat and dealing with phlegm. It was at its worst first thing in the mornings. 2 Months in and very little phlegm issues. No more clearing my throat 30 times a day and night. No more coughing. My e-liquid is mostly pg. I do mix in some vg here and there.

Reactions: cigarbabe

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
YES. It does. And it worsens the longer a person e-smokes. New research, not yet released, is showing phlegm might be the most significant danger of e-smoking. And it results from both PG and VG. No difference.

A film is apparently building in veteran e-smokers' lungs, causing an increased phlegm secretion. I'm experiencing it, as are others in tests lasting longer than a year. It's a serious concern and a nicotine carrier other than PG or VG is being sought.

Any cursory reading of PG's effects will show that it is an irritant. That's proving to be the case when inhaled 300 or more times a day by e-smokers. We were guinea pigs, and now some results are becoming known.

Reactions: mare ze dotes

starchelle

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Georgia
After only vaping for a week, I've actually noticed that I don't seem to cough up nearly as much or as nasty of crap as I did smoking analogs. I used to wake up in the morning and spend my first 15 minutes coughing up all kind of yellowness in between drags, which I know is very, very gross. Now I don't wake up coughing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread