• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Dreaded customs!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
Hello everyone!
I ordered my first e-cig kit at the end of 2009 from the US and received my order no problem. I then did another order a few months later and received it as well even though I heard that customs would sometimes confiscate.
I went back to cigs shortly after that but in the last month decided to kick the nasty habit again. I've been quite happily using my 510 and made another order with madvapes about 2 weeks ago. AFTER that I started lurking around these forums again and found out that customs had gotten tougher on nic juice :(
My question is, are they confiscating/sending back every order or is it the luck of the draw? I only have one working atty right now and the batteries I have are getting weaker, so I'd really like to get this order!!!!! I'm stressing a bit, I thought for some reason in the last 2 years the importation of these products would have gotten easier not harder (silly me), so have people here been receiving orders most of the time?

Julia

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
I know it's crazy!!!!!!
Like I said, I had assumed that over the last few years it would have become more accepted. Had I known I would have ordered form a Canadian Vendor. To make things worse the tracking hasn't updated since the day it shipped so I have no idea where it is right now and I'm pretty stressed. If my equipment fails before this order comes I'll bite the bullet and shell out more cash to buy from Canada. I guess at least I'll have lots of back up gear!

Denich

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If its shipped via USPS/Canada Post it will go through one of the three facilities. There is one in BC, Mississauga ON, and Montreal. Mississauga facility does roughly 70% of all international mail.

Depending on current state of affairs some exporters are flagged in the system for various things, could it be food items, firearm parts, drugs, and so on and so forth. 3 years ago that list was pretty extensive and noone knew it off by heart nor expected to. I can only imagine is that the list got bigger now.

In order to check if the item is flagged in the system it has to be scanned and forgo a secondary inspection. Before that happens the items go though a primary inspection which is pretty much a conveyor belt that is constantly loaded with various size shape and weight parcels.

Chances of a parcel ending up in secondary are fairly slim to begin with, based on the BSO that is doing the primary inspection at the time. In secondary inspection the item is scanned, duties and taxes are charged and sometimes if the BSO feels that its needed (flagged exporter, fake looking declaration, package leaking or smelling funny and so on and so forth) the package is opened and inspected.

Overall the chances of your package getting busted are very slim. However it does happen.

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
If its shipped via USPS/Canada Post it will go through one of the three facilities. There is one in BC, Mississauga ON, and Montreal. Mississauga facility does roughly 70% of all international mail.

Depending on current state of affairs some exporters are flagged in the system for various things, could it be food items, firearm parts, drugs, and so on and so forth. 3 years ago that list was pretty extensive and noone knew it off by heart nor expected to. I can only imagine is that the list got bigger now.

In order to check if the item is flagged in the system it has to be scanned and forgo a secondary inspection. Before that happens the items go though a primary inspection which is pretty much a conveyor belt that is constantly loaded with various size shape and weight parcels.

Chances of a parcel ending up in secondary are fairly slim to begin with, based on the BSO that is doing the primary inspection at the time. In secondary inspection the item is scanned, duties and taxes are charged and sometimes if the BSO feels that its needed (flagged exporter, fake looking declaration, package leaking or smelling funny and so on and so forth) the package is opened and inspected.

Overall the chances of your package getting busted are very slim. However it does happen.

Good to hear!

@ Mulleygirl: Yeah I don't understand why they give a tracking number if you can't track :/

XSlor

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
BC, Canada
I'll tell you my experience - I ordered a package from China (though I ordered my juice with no nic) the packaging for custom purposes had electronic cigarette written ON THE PACKAGE and there was no sign of customs either inspecting it or nothing but my package was help in customs for about 2 weeks... so luck of the draw I assume!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread