Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Vape Jam has been around for a while and they're supposed to make good gear. I have no experience with it personally. But if I were going to buy a two-battery box mod--I have-- I'd buy a regulated box-- I did-- and not a mech. You can buy a Snow Wolf 200w TC machine online for half that money-- that's the one I picked and I love it-- or a Segelei 150w non-TC for less. The Hexohm 2.1 VV machine is under $200-- I want one-- and makes 110 watts. Any of those are much safer and make more power than you can safely get out of a two-battery parallel box. And no matter what you do, buy good batteries-- authentic Sony VTC4s for preference-- from a reputable vendor.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I would build it far lower than .3 ohm. Maybe if doing dual coil, .3 per coil would be great, IMO, putting the total resistance at around .15.

ETA: With a dual parallel like that lethal box, you increase the safe amperage capability and the mah. So with two 20A batteries, you now have a 40A CDR.

With dual series, you increase the voltage, but CDR remains the same.

Reactions: DiscoRanger

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
4pJijpU.jpg

Thats a 24g build using dual parallel coils. On a dual battery mech. It is fantastic.

Reactions: QU1T

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
That looks like it could take some time to heat up haha
oh no. Thats 24g kanthal wrapped in parallel (6 wraps) around a 2mm screwdriver. It probably takes about a second for the coils to glow inside to out. Maybe less than a second. I don't know what you consider time to heat up, but this what it looks like within a second after I hit the fire switch:
VsoqFd9.jpg

ETA: It works because the resistance is low. I'm not saying you should try this right away if you aren't good at this yet, but I will say that with something like a 30A VTC battery x2, you can really push the builds lower.... much lower.

The real point was just that with two 30A batteries in parallel, you increase the mod CDR to 60A. So, if you are careful and have an accurate resistance meter, you can do much more complicated builds with lower gauge wire. You can do stuff with 22g nichrome, anarchist wire, parallel, twisted, etc. Even down at .10 ohm, you are still only drawing 42 amp theoretical max with full battery charge. So a mod like that expands your building capabilities. In addition to the added mah.

Last edited:

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I think the reference was directed at me. Basically, if you are making huge clouds and enjoying massive amounts of vapor regularly, then you are taking more of a risk since we don't know the long term effects of everything having to do with vaping. This is compounded if you enjoy flavors and don't strictly vape unflavored, because some of these flavors contain more chemicals that, in relation to vapor as we use it, have unknown effects. This is true for anyone who is not a tootle-puffer. Tootle puffing doesn't work for me.

But, I wasn't giving a risk assessment. I was informing of some of the benefits of using a multiple parallel battery mech mod for a greatly pleasurable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread