Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I thought a poll might give us some idea of the quitting success rate percentages. These numbers might be useful in our future.

I've seen several people say that they have completely quit smoking with e-cigs. I've seen others say that they still smoke analogs along with e-cigs, and a few that have said they use them to smoke in pubs and other places where analogs are banned.

If you've used them to just cut down, please add a note as to how much you've cut down.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
If you've used them to just cut down, please add a note as to how much you've cut down.

I'm down from 25-50 Camels a day to between 3 and 10 (depends if I'm out and about or not; still feel a bit stupid using an e-cig in public).

Funny thing is, real cigarettes are starting to feel very harsh now-a-days, I love the smoothness of e-cigs (and absolutely adore the flavours - vanilla ice cream at the moment - truly gorgeous)

But I still get a "hit" off real cigarettes that I don't get off e-cigs. There is something else in them I'm sure (or perhaps it's just minor CO poisoning!) However, I find that if I vape enough, I'd still like a real cigarette but I don't want/need one (make sense?).

The one thing these have given me is hope. After having failed to quit more times than I can count, e-cigs have given me hope that it is possible without losing my mind.

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
I am trying but I still feel that I need a analog I don't know why then feel disapointed as I really did not need it.

That's exactly right, it's so confusing.
I can be vaping away for ages then (unconsciously almost) reach for a real one. Mostly I'll not have one but now and then I will and be disappointed - you've hit the nail on the head there. But why, is it just habit that makes us want one?

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Today is Day 16 of my tobacco-free life . . . and Day 18 with e-cigs. :)

I had a 2+ pack a day habit for 30 years and had tried everything to quit.

In fact, I had given up on the idea of quitting. I figured e-cigs would help me cut down on my analog use, but almost immediately I realized that vaping satisfied a lot of my smoking urges, and I could quit . . . and so I did. :)

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I was smoking 2.5 - 3 ppd. for close to 40 years. I got my Penstyle from Puresmoker the 2nd week in Dec and used it to taper down to 2 - 3 cigs per day by New Years Eve. I haven't had an analog this year.(YAY)

It gets easier to stick to e-cigs because the analogs get nastier tasteing. I still find myself reaching for them out of habit, but definitely don't miss them.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I admit I was given the challenge of lighting quite a few cigarettes on a toaster one night in about November for a chain smoking guest who forgot her lighter, of course there was alcohol involved and I...dare I say it...I mouthed a little smoke and it was disgusting!!!!! So disgusting to me that I didn't inhale and immediately pulled out my pink 901 :) I guess the more time goes by whilst vaping the nastier and nastier the analogs get! Thats another good thing, it gets easier the longer one has vaped I guess.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
Tribal- Alcohol and all, you've been successful for a long time. You should be proud of yourself and your counter. A lot of money saved too!

It doesn't bother me to be around someone smoking analogs now, as far as making me want one. I no longer have urges for them at all. It just makes me realize how much they stink.

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
For me, (and I imagine some others) it's situational.

I was down to 3 or 4 analogs a day in October-November of '08 from 25-35 a day.

Then my Dad's health got worse, Christmas and all of the associated "pressures" ensued, and now I'm back to almost a pack a day.

As I've stated before, when this "dark" period of my life is over, I'll probably be able to vape more and smoke less. Stress is a BIG part of falling back to old habits - IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread