Easter Egg found in our Vivi Novas

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltr

Oct 2, 2012
United States
I posted this to reddit's r/electronic_cigarette with good feedback, so I wanted to definitely make sure it's on ECF

Good news, everyone!

So you have your Vivi Nova or a Nova Mini (like me), and you love them. I do too; they are great. The only gripe I ever had with them was a pool of liquid kept gathering in the top cap below where the drip tip sits. It's common, yeah. All my pleas for help within the community were met with 'that's just how it is' and I dealt with it.

One day I was cleaning my drip tip, then I got out of the shower and started cleaning these mouth pieces for the novas. I sprayed compressed air in and this little guy on the right popped out.

Wat dis? It has one right-angle end, and one rounded (slightly) end.

I tried positioning it in all different parts of the drip tip to see if it could reduce juice traveling up the tip and getting into my mouth. Nothing showed results until I tried placing it inside the top cap

The result? You guessed it. Damn you're smart. Dry as a bone.

TL;DR: There's a small grommet hidden in those stock
drip tips that can be used to keep your top cap from
flooding with condensation all the time.

Last edited:

deltr

Oct 2, 2012
United States
I dont get it, your nova heads didnt come with the rubber cap on the tip? Is this a new rubber tip?

Of course they did. The product wouldn't work at all without that piece. The hat for the atomizer head seals the center post to the bottom of the top cap. This smaller sleeve i'm talking about is found inside the stock black drip tip that is included with the Vivi Nova.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hi guys, I found this a while ago and it was an amazing find. Out of three I have only one had the little tube in the mouth piece. Since then I have "guarded" this little piece but somehow Ive lost it. I wonder if there is anyway to get another, it now keeps getting juice down the center pole and I get gurgling etc. I guess I can search to see if I can get maybe a small aquarium tubing and see if I can cut it to fit.

rik701

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
Another tip that i read on her somewhere is to continue hitting after you let off of the power button for a sec to clear out all the vapor so you don't have the condensation being left in the unit. That is what i do when i remember to. But i have never had too much of an issue with this.

bsidb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
Leroy,NY
I was curious why one tank had to be tipped and dabbed with tissue,and anouther(the one with the piece it tip) did not. Had not noticed it before but would tip and get no discharge and now know its that piece doing it. The tanks I have are not mini's and only 2 of 3 have the insert.All from gotvapes at differnt times, the newest SVT with metal tube and window has it.

Phil McRotch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2010
Carson, CA
Nice. I'm actually waiting on my Vivi Mini to arrive either tomorrow or Thursday. I would have instantly swapped out the drip tip and never give a second thought about it..

Time to probe the stock drip tip :ohmy:

ETA: Just got my Mini Vivi - found the easter egg in the stock drip tip. I tried it without the silicon insert and I haven't really had any juice/condensation going into my drip tip. But I put it in the top cap anyway since it's supposed to be there.

Anyway, it works perfectly. Juice that I thought was pretty nasty in a carto tank, actually came out pretty damn good in the Vivi.. Makes me wonder why I never got one in the first place.

Last edited:

heater

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Broken Arrow Ok.
I had my top off with the drip tip attached and pushed a Q-tip through to clean the drip tip and saw the plastic piece coming out of the top cap. I pushed it until it almost came out and then put the cap on the tank figuring the plastic piece would adjust it self to the right position.
I had no idea what i was doing, now i do. Thanks

IceManJP

Oct 27, 2012
Europe
Ok so this will have pics because i tried to explain it to someone before and i simply had to show it.

1. Vivivnova mini Atomizer disassembled

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352642115.451893.jpg

2. Disassembled drip tip

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352642151.320601.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352642161.465192.jpg

3. All disassembled parts of ati and tip

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352642222.441700.jpg

4. Combined the drip tip rubber tube and the metal ring from the top of the ati

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352642281.582665.jpg

Continues in next post... (Photo limit per post)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread