Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2011
La Baie, Quebec
Hi everyone! I was browsing the forums and saw that some people are using E-juice Calculators to mix their DIY liquids. It got me thinking, I am a software engineer student and I was looking for a summer project to keep me busy when I am not at work or outside with my friends. So how about developing an E-cig software for the community.

Here are some features I would like to have in the final build :

- ejuice Calculator (Calculate the amount of PG, VG, NIC, falvoring to put in the liquid to get your desired concentration)

- Variable voltage calc (Calculate Voltage/Impedance/Current for people using VV pv's to get their desired battery life/ and optimal settings with a specific impedance(ohms) atty.)

- A purchase calculator ( This would be included so the user is able to track just how much money he is spending on ecig stuff, as well as what it is being spent on, and how much he as saved since he started)

Might be included

- A review section ( I was thinking about setting up a database to be able to stock reviews on juices/flavorings/batteries/attys/carts and for it to be easily accessible. Every information on a product stocked in the same place)

Now that being said, if I do decide to include something like a database I will probably be needing to ask for a bit of money since it will cost me money to keep it up and running.

For now my plan would be to release this as a shareware so everyone can have it for free. I might publish different version with some new sections for people willing to pay a small fee, if I set up a DB or something like that.

I wanted to know what you guys thought about this, since I won't do it if the majority of the community doesn't see a need for this.

Also if you have suggestions on features to be added/removed, please tell me!

:laugh:

Fellow programmers welcomed to offer their help! :p

lobanw

Mar 17, 2011
Los Angelas
Look for a lot of people out there I think the software is a great idea especially if you are slightly OCD like me and like to keep track of everything. However, once you get familiar with the basics of your electronic cigarette there really isn't a need for the software itself. I think it is more of an introductory software and as a fellow programmer I see the demand for the software but as a smoker I do not really see the need for it :)

Griffin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I've been working on an app that does most of what you've listed. I've been posting updates here on ECF and, while there has been a little bit of interest in it, it was less than I expected. I guess the average vaper isn't nearly as ....-retentive about record keeping as I am. :laugh:

That said, I initially wrote the app to clear up the scribbled notes I had all over my desk, and to give me something fun to do. It's served both of those purposes wonderfully.

I'd say do it, if it's something you'd have fun with. I'm doubtful, though, that you'd be able to generate enough income from something like this to even cover the cost of hosting the downloads. At the very least you'll want to take a very different approach from what I've been doing, if that is your goal.

Krang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2011
La Baie, Quebec
Thanks for the insight, i actually don,t want to make profit.. the thinking behind it was to have the database server up and running without having to pay from my own pockets. I will probably try it out anyway, just for fun. And I might even get another crazy idea before we get to this summer. I am always thinking about diff apps I could make :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread